Losing the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ha'way mate, I know you're ultra positive and never have a bad thing to say about the club, but the football is disgusting and our position in the league is unacceptable. We have teams like Wycombe and Fleetwood above us, Coventry aren't even playing in their own stadium. It's a disgrace man. Then you have Donald refusing to show up for his talk-in with no reason why when fans have already paid for tickets.
Well the fans who gave him personal abuse are to blame for that, I don’t blame him for not coming to events. As for the football it’s league 1 standard it isn’t great, we don’t play that well at times but neither do most of the teams in the league. We are just outside the play off places, it’s early November if we are in this position in jan feb then it will be a worry. It only takes a couple of wins

Well the fans who gave him personal abuse are to blame for that, I don’t blame him for not coming to events. As for the football it’s league 1 standard it isn’t great, we don’t play that well at times but neither do most of the teams in the league. We are just outside the play off places, it’s early November if we are in this position in jan feb then it will be a worry. It only takes a couple of wins

What fans? Has he had personal abuse at games? Surely all high profile people receive abuse on Twitter. Is it right? Of course not, it's not on, but why should it deter him from attending an event was sold on the basis that Donald would be attending. We've heard from Methven a lot lately, I think it's fair to say we wanted to hear from Donald himself.

Only issue is we don't look like winning, they just can't be arsed to put the effort in, I don't care what level of football it is, if you don't do the basics and at least match the other teams work rate you generally get beat, we dont look like we are capablef beating anyone at the minute, and that scares the shit out of me.

I didn't want Parkinson, but he has dropped a few hints that show he can see the same thing as us, hopefully we have a good January, I say hopefully as you just don't know what will happen with these clowns in charge, we then need to go on a ridiculous run of form.

I expected the work rate to improve when a new manager came in, players trying to impress to nail a first team spot, how wrong was I, looks to me that half the twats are quite happy to be out of the team, they show no desire to play, fuck me man, what a sorry state this is.

We are nowhere near as bad as people are making out, the whole league is shit, so you don’t have to be that good to win games

Can you not read I have already said we are playing poorly but the whole league is shit, we are a league 1 team with league players

Yet another person who is clueless or just can’t read, never said we were good but the whole league is shit even the top 2

What like winning the last league game, we will be nowhere near the relegation zone

And you don’t seem to understand basic English
We're dire man, take your red and white tinted specs off

It’s got to the point where I’m not angry anymore.

I missed the game yesterday, I wasn’t even bothered. I’m in my 40’s, this is the lowest I’ve ever seen the club, to be honest, this is the lowest we’ve ever been anyway. I might not renew next season if Donald and Methven are still here.
This for me, I can't even get angry anymore. I thought we had bottomed out after the Grayson and Coleman season, looks like I was wrong.
I never went for 3 or 4 month that season as I couldn't face watching the shite on the pitch, it feels like it is beginning to go that way again.
I will always renew though, blame me dad for that as from being young he has always said "its your club, and its in your blood".

Last edited:
my prediction of 7th-10th is looking a tad optimistic,but the moans and groans i got on here in the summer of the thickeeds were deafening,as farage would say not laffing now are you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you please stick the Brexit shite up yer arse. There's a politics forum if you're desperate to bang on about it and post pathetic turkey emojis in every post. Almost everyone else is sick of reading about it, we've got hundreds of your posts to peruse in the politics forum if we ever felt so inclined, don't start bringing it into a football forum when the politics one was deliberately set up to avoid one topic bores like you from sending everyone else to sleep

As said on the previous attendance post I treated myself to a Quinny's bar comfy seat so had full view of the rest of the stadium. Got to admit it left me with a sick feeling in my gut seeing how empty the ground was and thinking this really could be the future. Quinny's bar itself is a former shadow of itself and has really been left to go to wreck and ruin - general maintenance urgently required, it looks filthy. These are chronically sad days for those of us badly infected with the red and white madness and that group of players on display do not capable on any level of getting us out of this mess.

This for me, I can't even get angry anymore. I thought we had bottomed out after the Grayson and Coleman season, looks like I was wrong.
I never went for 3 or 4 month that season as I couldn't face watching the shite on the pitch, it feels like it is beginning to go that way again.
I will always renew though, blame me dad for that as from being young he has always said "its your club, and its in your blood".

Under Coleman I was pissed off at how easily we just gave up.

Now, it’s debating if we can get a point against Lincoln or Oxford. I’ll still gan like!

Promotion looks a million miles away, always optimistic it may change under Parkinson, don’t know why.
Couldn’t stand JR so guilty wanting him out, wasn’t keen on Parkinson but will back him for a few more months.
Let’s see how January goes.

You're a honking mag scruff though, or have I missed something here?
First visit to RP in 1977 v spurs.and you ?
🙄
Can you please stick the Brexit shite up yer arse. There's a politics forum if you're desperate to bang on about it and post pathetic turkey emojis in every post. Almost everyone else is sick of reading about it, we've got hundreds of your posts to peruse in the politics forum if we ever felt so inclined, don't start bringing it into a football forum when the politics one was deliberately set up to avoid one topic bores like you from sending everyone else to sleep
Yes boss 😆

Last edited:
Donald and Co need to make a statement on how they plan to stop this slide into oblivion. I’m sure the lift situation is important to them, however I’m more concerned where the next win is coming from and what plans they have for the squad in January. The players look like they can’t be arsed, maybe when attendances start to fall then that might spring the owners into action.

Agree with your comment on the players looking disinterested.

However, I don’t think the owners are capable of making a statement as to how we will improve. They appear to have one game plan and no plan B and as such it will be more of the same this season and next.

Well done the OP for spelling it "Losing" not "Loosing".

A first for the SMB 👍

Your right their, mind! ;)
You are just being negative for the sake of it, wake up and smell the coffee, we have been shit for about 10 years!!! But this league is poor and even the top 2 aren’t very good and we are 1 point outside of thy ex playoff places, you would think we are getting relegated again the way some are going on

That is entirely possible. If not this season, then maybe the next.

I’m not counting my chickens, I never thought when we were relegated from the Prem that we’d go straight down to L1. I never in a million years thought we’d still be down here, with the prospect of a third season in L1. It’s like a bad dream, I still can’t believe what’s happening.

The club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom, nothing would surprise me anymore. I’m in the ‘give Parkinson a chance’ camp, but tbh I don’t believe he will turn us around, we’re too broken.

Unless we have a really good window, I can’t see us finishing in the playoffs. Mid table at best if nothing changes.

Last edited:
What fans? Has he had personal abuse at games? Surely all high profile people receive abuse on Twitter. Is it right? Of course not, it's not on, but why should it deter him from attending an event was sold on the basis that Donald would be attending. We've heard from Methven a lot lately, I think it's fair to say we wanted to hear from Donald himself.
He has had abuse aimed at his family that’s not right in any sense, he was on twitter to help out fans which he has done many a time, not to receive abuse about his family and threats
We're dire man, take your red and white tinted specs off
Can you not read?!! I have already said we are poor but so is most of the league even the top 2
Your right their, mind! ;)

That is entirely possible. If not this season, then maybe the next.

I’m not counting my chickens, I never thought when we were relegated from the Prem that we’d go straight down to L1. I never in a million years thought we’d still be down here, with the prospect of a third season in L1. It’s like a bad dream, I still can’t believe what’s happening.

The club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom, nothing would surprise me anymore. I’m in the ‘give Parkinson a chance’ camp, but tbh I don’t believe he will turn us around, we’re too broken.

Unless we have a really good window, I can’t see us finishing in the playoffs. Mid table at best if nothing changes.
We will be atleast in the play offs if not higher , we aren’t great but people are underestimating how poor the league is

Last edited:
He has had abuse aimed at his family that’s not right in any sense, he was on twitter to help out fans which he has done many a time, not to receive abuse about his family and threats

Can you not read?!! I have already said we are poor but so is most of the league even the top 2

We will be atleast in the play offs if not higher , we aren’t great but people are underestimating how poor the league is
We're not as bad as being made out. That's what you said. We are. We're dire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back