Losing the fans

Because people on here are negative just for the sake of it, going on like we are the worst team in the league, the whole league is shit even the top 2, won’t take much to climb the league. 1 win and we move into play off places
People are being negative because it’s obvious that our squad of players are taking the piss.

As said on the previous attendance post I treated myself to a Quinny's bar comfy seat so had full view of the rest of the stadium. Got to admit it left me with a sick feeling in my gut seeing how empty the ground was and thinking this really could be the future. Quinny's bar itself is a former shadow of itself and has really been left to go to wreck and ruin - general maintenance urgently required, it looks filthy. These are chronically sad days for those of us badly infected with the red and white madness and that group of players on display do not capable on any level of getting us out of this mess.

Worst thing they ever did in there was make people wear those stupid f***ing wristbands. Made the place a morgue as before that you used to get a few fans going in, filling the place up and giving it a great atmosphere. Apparently this was off the back of one fan complaining that people where getting without Sports Bar tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish you would!
Don’t read it then , you carry on having a meltdown
People are being negative because it’s obvious that our squad of players are taking the piss.
Typical response from some of our fans , this squad of players do try they are just not playing well at the min. All this they are taking the piss is a load of shite, what exactly would they gain by not trying or taking the piss
Okey dokey. You're not happy. What do you think we should do about that?
We?? There’s nothing we can do about it, the players need to start playing better
They're not being negative for the sake of it. We are currently at the lowest point in our 140 year history with absolutely no sign of things getting better. 1 defeat and we could be 12th. The whole league is shit you say, yet we are currently out of the top 6, how bad does that make us?
It only makes us bad if we are there at the end of the season, the season doesn’t finish in November !!! Would love to see us get promoted and then see what everyone has to say

Last edited:
Don’t read it then , you carry on having a meltdown

Typical response from some of our fans , this squad of players do try they are just not playing well at the min. All this they are taking the piss is a load of shite, what exactly would they gain by not trying or taking the piss

We?? There’s nothing we can do about it, the players need to start playing better

It only makes us bad if we are there at the end of the season, the season doesn’t finish in November !!! Would love to see us get promoted and then see what everyone has to say
If you went on either Tuesday or Saturday you would realise grigg Maguire and de bock couldn't give a shit

If you think grigg not jumping for headers jogging and not sprinting not making runs is putting in effort fair enough
Grigg is just turning into the fans hate figure, he does run and jump for headers, but his confidence is shot and looks shit at the min. That’s nowt to do with him not trying

Grigg is just turning into the fans hate figure, he does run and jump for headers, but his confidence is shot and looks shit at the min. That’s nowt to do with him not trying
We bought him on with 4 minutes to go, protecting a 1 goal lead last time I could bear to watch us play a full game. He only had to try for four minutes and he refused to put any pressure on the ball, didn't break into a jog once.

Could easily have cost us one of our rare wins.

Donald and Co need to make a statement on how they plan to stop this slide into oblivion. I’m sure the lift situation is important to them, however I’m more concerned where the next win is coming from and what plans they have for the squad in January. The players look like they can’t be arsed, maybe when attendances start to fall then that might spring the owners into action.

No they don't, because people wouldn't believe a word they said, so what would be the point?

I’ve been slightly encouraged by PP. He’s not a fantastic coach by any stretch but he’s at least talking about some of the right stuff - wanting more pressing, more energy, improving number of chances created etc.

The problems at Safc run far deeper than that though. It’s about a bloated but poor squad having been assembled without any real plan and an ethos that has been way behind the times since Donald arrived. Made me laugh the article this week when methven made mention of his recent interest in that newfangled xG measure that seems to be catching on. Aye nice one galaxy brain.

This season is pretty much a write off I reckon. This summer most of the squad are going to move on - and it can’t come too soon. What we need now from the club is some serious thought about how to build a club on strong foundations and a credible plan to identify young players with pace to put into a modern team framework to both get us promoted and get our players noticed by teams further up the pyramid. I have virtually no faith that the current incumbents can deliver on that.

They’ll just drag any shite in that’s cheap and we’ll all long for the days of De Bock and Charlie Wyke

I watched him closely on Saturday. He did the bare minimum he could get away with to make it look like he was trying. He didn't want the ball. Not that quality service was ever in the offing from his team mates.

At no point did both feet leave the floor at the same time so he didn't jump. On the face of it Grigg has got some real, tricky personal issues but he patently does not want or is not able to be the forward we need.

Maguire masks terrible technique, touch and athleticism with some flashy goals.

I watched him closely on Saturday. He did the bare minimum he could get away with to make it look like he was trying. He didn't want the ball. Not that quality service was ever in the offing from his team mates.

At no point did both feet leave the floor at the same time so he didn't jump. On the face of it Grigg has got some real, tricky personal issues but he patently does not want or is not able to be the forward we need.

Maguire masks terrible technique, touch and athleticism with some flashy goals.
People need too get to grip with we are in league 1 with league players, Maguire is a typical league 1 player hence why he hasn’t made it any higher , some games he’s great some he’s not

Who on here said it would be the best thing ever us finally ending our PL hell and being relegated?! Come on admit it! The car crash we’re in now was always going to happen...and I wonder if we’ve actually hit rock bottom yet...

Stuart Donald’s biggest problem is he dropped the ball big time when he had the chance for a clean slate managerial appointment that would of galvanised the squad and fans alike...just as it was in 2006 and the place just snowballed into the juggernaut that would finish the league In style....instead he went for the cheapest and uninspired choice out of the lot that would leave the place flatlining when it should of been the jolt it required, he’s made his decision but it’s going to cost a hell of a lot of money to sort this shit shower out in January

Back