Losing me gut

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScubaD1ver69er

any tips?

I cant get to the Gym at the moment so stuck to going for runs, cycling etc

also im currently eating about 1500 cals per day apart from a weekend, problem is I don't seem to be losing fuck all

How did you come to the figure of 1500 calories by the way?

If you're not losing weight you need to watch out for hidden calories, like the oil you use for cooking etc.

I have dropped from 13.12 in December to 12.5 today pal.

The way I have done it is common sense really, I personally don't eat breakfast and for lunch I have approx 300 calories. The little pots of pasta you can pick up in supermarkets are good for this, if that isn't enough then add a low calories (90??) yoghurt.

Home from work > exercise. This can be walking or running, I run now but I did injure my knee so I simply went for approx 1 hours brisk walk every evening...running is maybe a chore but walking with a radio and talksport / 5live along the coast is very satisfying to me.

After that, main meal which is generally healthy but doesn't have to be perfect. Start again the next day.

A key thing is to forget about any calories in drinks, soft drinks that aren't diet will give you calories which are so easy to dodge.

I have dropped from 13.12 in December to 12.5 today pal.

The way I have done it is common sense really, I personally don't eat breakfast and for lunch I have approx 300 calories. The little pots of pasta you can pick up in supermarkets are good for this, if that isn't enough then add a low calories (90??) yoghurt.

Home from work > exercise. This can be walking or running, I run now but I did injure my knee so I simply went for approx 1 hours brisk walk every evening...running is maybe a chore but walking with a radio and talksport / 5live along the coast is very satisfying to me.

After that, main meal which is generally healthy but doesn't have to be perfect. Start again the next day.

A key thing is to forget about any calories in drinks, soft drinks that aren't diet will give you calories which are so easy to dodge.

Sounds like your calorie intake is tiny

I would rather eat plenty and do extra exercise

any tips?

I cant get to the Gym at the moment so stuck to going for runs, cycling etc

also im currently eating about 1500 cals per day apart from a weekend, problem is I don't seem to be losing fuck all
HIIT on a bike and press ups/pull-ups on a door frame. Depending on how determined you are tabata style workouts with bodyweight and some weights you can keep in the house alone can be pretty f***ing effective.

Also get myfooddiary or one of the many food tracker apps.

HIIT on a bike and press ups/pull-ups on a door frame. Depending on how determined you are tabata style workouts with bodyweight and some weights you can keep in the house alone can be pretty f***ing effective.

Also get myfooddiary or one of the many food tracker apps.

what about giving that insanity a bash

Exercises importance in weight loss is somewhat questioned these days,better not gaining the calories before trying to lose them
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/die...five-biggest-health-myths-20130920-2u3vb.html
one of many stating it's overplayed by a multi million pound industry
No doubt he's an expert but pretty much the opposite of what he says about exercise applies for me. Multi million pound industry, no doubt about it, but its a drop in the ocean compared with the multi billion pound diet and nutrition industry.

For me, eating nice things and exercising are both things I enjoy and wouldn't want to scrimp on either.......the absolutely wonderful thing is they compliment one another to some extent

I do a lot of exercise too, my calorie intake is probably 900-1000 per day, burn approx 600 back off with exercise.
I heard somewhere that if you can reduce your normal intake by 500 calories a day you will lose 2 pounds per week. Of course its more complicated than that and involves lots of other factors but it outlines the size of the task of losing weight by dieting alone[DOUBLEPOST=1397234155][/DOUBLEPOST]
:lol:

I would be carried out of the gym on a stretcher within 10 minutes

I do a lot of exercise too, my calorie intake is probably 900-1000 per day, burn approx 600 back off with exercise.
Personally my goal is to go in the OPPOSITE direction, and launch my metabolism through the roof so I can eat as a much as I f***ing want. 400 net calories per day is not even enough for a child, your BMR by this point has probably went into "famine mode" and you'll actually store fat rather than lose it. If not, congratulations on your razor abs.

Personally, I'm trying to eat more often, and do sprints (HIIT) and more plyometrics, banging heavy weights and 'explosive' lifts like cleans and snatches which should spike fat burning, on top of drinking around a gallon of water a day, coffee, green tea, using spices, cinnamon, grapefruits, fish oil, and higher protein intake to eradicate the fat naturally. So far so good.[DOUBLEPOST=1397235165][/DOUBLEPOST]
I heard somewhere that if you can reduce your normal intake by 500 calories a day you will lose 2 pounds per week. Of course its more complicated than that and involves lots of other factors but it outlines the size of the task of losing weight by dieting alone[DOUBLEPOST=1397234155][/DOUBLEPOST]
:lol:

I would be carried out of the gym on a stretcher within 10 minutes
I always find rather than 'calorie counting' finding inventive ways of increasing your BMR is the way to go.[DOUBLEPOST=1397235313][/DOUBLEPOST]I read a good thing about how Michael Phelps eats 10,000 calories a day, but how his combined BMR, and calories consumed through swimming for six hours a day would burn nowhere near that amount of calories per day.
Counting calories isn't the answer. ;)

Last edited:
Personally my goal is to go in the OPPOSITE direction, and launch my metabolism through the roof so I can eat as a much as I f***ing want. 400 net calories per day is not even enough for a child, your BMR by this point has probably went into "famine mode" and you'll actually store fat rather than lose it. If not, congratulations on your razor abs.

Personally, I'm trying to eat more often, and do sprints (HIIT) and more plyometrics, banging heavy weights and 'explosive' lifts like cleans and snatches which should spike fat burning, on top of drinking around a gallon of water a day, coffee, green tea, using spices, cinnamon, grapefruits, fish oil, and higher protein intake to eradicate the fat naturally. So far so good.[DOUBLEPOST=1397235165][/DOUBLEPOST]
I always find rather than 'calorie counting' finding inventive ways of increasing your BMR is the way to go.[DOUBLEPOST=1397235313][/DOUBLEPOST]I read a good thing about how Michael Phelps eats 10,000 calories a day, but how his combined BMR, and calories consumed through swimming for six hours a day would burn nowhere near that amount of calories per day.

Can I not just enjoy my bait and go to the gym 5 times a week? Of course I realize that eating better would help me at the gym but would I really enjoy it? I had a large bacon and egg sarnie this morning and will have to do extra in the gym tonight to make up for that

If you want to keep on top of things and actually keep track of macronutrient intake and quantify your average energy intake etc, it really is the answer.

Of course you can lose weight without tracking calories, but you're still in an energy deficit. Tracking calories just means you get an idea of how big it is

Can I not just enjoy my bait and go to the gym 5 times a week? Of course I realize that eating better would help me at the gym but would I really enjoy it? I had a large bacon and egg sarnie this morning and will have to do extra in the gym tonight to make up for that
Yes, you'll probably just not have washboard which unless you are in some kind of profession/lifestyle where you're required to go shirtless a lot, it really isn't that big a deal. Most of the best physiques are just very muscly, physically imposing and wouldn't be classed as lean at all. Abs are largely pretty irrelevant unless you're on holiday/a total dick who only wears vests.

If you want to keep on top of things and actually keep track of macronutrient intake and quantify your average energy intake etc, it really is the answer.

Of course you can lose weight without tracking calories, but you're still in an energy deficit. Tracking calories just means you get an idea of how big it is
I was on about Phelps at the end. He eats 10,000 calories a day, but the vast majority of excess calories were used up through thermogenesis. In other words, they found his body was burning far more calories in the water for six hours a day just keeping his body temperature right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back