Looking Ahead. December, Jan and Feb.

It's not up to the business' which have the restrictions enforced upon them though? Or have the restrictions enforced on business' who they depend on. I understand your point about the free market and not caring for the local sandwich shop, but were not talking about one sandwich retailer or circumstance, we're talking about across the board economies. So when, for example, all of the business' that thrive and seek consultancies who WFH are out of business or struggling because of restrictions - things will come home to roost.
Sorry I don't understand your point.

You mean there will be no work for consultancies if they don't go back to working in city centres 5 days a week?

Some places are still keen to avoid confrontation with staff tbh mate.

I think it’s bigger then that. Hybrid working is not new. It was a big topic way back around 2010. It was slowly changing anyway and is never going back.

I don’t think it’s purely about confrontation. The World has moved on and a lot of companies are now offering flexible working as a perk, for other companies that want to be able to still attract and retain people they have to follow suit

Sorry I don't understand your point.

You mean there will be no work for consultancies if they don't go back to working in city centres 5 days a week?
If the business' consultancies need to be profitable (clients) don't - or if their clients customers are affected and affect the chain that way.

I think it’s bigger then that. Hybrid working is not new. It was a big topic way back around 2010. It was slowly changing anyway and is never going back.

I don’t think it’s purely about confrontation. The World has moved on and a lot of companies are now offering flexible working as a perk, for other companies that want to be able to still attract and retain people they have to follow suit
Our place were talking about introducing measures that allowed people to work from home well before COVID was even on the radar, all the pandemic has done is speed it up and for a lot of companies the days of being back in the office full-time will never return.

What are peoples thoughts on the winter months.
Personally i think that if Boris extends the latest restrictions by two weeks and takes us up until Tuesday 4th Jan, the first working day after the holidays, then he will use Omicrons increased transmissibility as excuse he needs to bow to pressure from the Lockdown enthusiasts.
He promised Xmas would be OK and i believe he wouldn't dare cancel it unless something drastic happened. He'll use our steady figures as the excuse for this, then without any Irony he will dismiss them and use the Omicron "danger" card, even if it transpires that the vaccines are effective against it. We would then have to be prepared to write off Jan, Feb and possibly March.
This is the way the clown operates. Giving and taking then appeasing. I just can't see Javid sticking to his "We will repeal the mandate immediately" promise either.
Although we are all aware of Omicrons unwanted presence, once again it's fallen in Boris' lap.
Having said all that Omicron may be a vaccine evader, in which case we're all up the creek for a while.
Hope i'm proved wrong in both the above scenario's. Glass is half empty today :(
Well I seriously overestimated Boris there like. Didn't last a week

Last edited:

Back