Loneliness and that

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a bloke today who got divorced and realised he had no mates. He joined a cinema club for companionship. It’s all he’s got, and inevitably he ended up bucking the organiser. After a while it fizzled our, so he started seeing another member. The first women was so aggrieved she kicked them both out. :lol:

That speaks volumes for how both men and women behave. Men generally will buck owt. Lasses get massively pissed off when we do.

Its hard mate, i sort most of the lads problems but i cannot make them engage more with lads who have absolutely nothing in common at all with them, ie footy, gym, going to the lakes, drinking, pisstaking and general rowdy banter. The 4 of them engage with each other, its out of my hands, if they were getting bullied i would have something to say but again there has to be a spark, a connection
Tbh as well, i did not want to say but all of them have at one point tried to have other lads took to personnel for disciplinary measures so that is something at the back of the squads mind.

When not at work I spend most of my time alone and quite a lot of time at work I'm alone, only have one friend who I rarely see these days but other than that I'm on my own. I feel lonely but then I hate the idea of being around people so fuck knows what I want.

Mate I had to read that again cos I thought I must have wrote it haha that's pretty much my situation to a tee.

How much of your time do you spend alone?
Just been reading some leaflet in the docs about preventing loneliness and suicide. It’s obviously a real problem for some people, especially the elderly. I still have all of my family, and several different sets of friends but it must be hard for those who aren’t so lucky.

So what percentage of your time do you spend alone? And sleeping doesn’t count if you sleep with someone else.
It’s about 35% of my life for me, but I enjoy my own company. I bet there’s some of you who work alone and have huge percentages though? Hope the SMB acts as some kind of surrogate family if you’re one of the lonely people. We’re always here to talk, folks.

68yrs old. divorced. no partner in 20+ yrs. 2 kids 37 and 35 both live away so I live alone. 3 or 4 friends but only see one regularly. never go out.

See my 2 kids every sunday for a couple of hours so around 98% of my time I spend alone. Apary from my 10 yr old labrador.

It is mate, at work their is about 4 lads who are always on the outer circle of the crack. Apart from the odd word from the rest of the team, basically ignored. You can see in there faces, they must feel it, a team of twenty and your avoided like the plague.also have had dozens of nights out and they have never been invited.

I grew up surrounded by a nice family but we didn’t really discuss personal problems we just got on with things. I hated most of secondary school, some of the lads were total ***** and still are total *****.

I was in the school football teams, in the top sets, but zero confidence and I felt lonely. Even now only a few people understand me so I tend to withdraw from social situations.

Just don't shower with it or you'll get persecuted on here.
:lol: We’ve got as far as heavy petting so I’ll rein it in a bit :eek:

Does a cat in an igloo bed count as company?

TBH, as I was as a child, so I am as an adult, if I'm happy, I'm happy in my own company, if I'm not happy, I'm not happy in my own company and go seeking friends/family/anything.
^^^^THIS pretty much xx

I'm never alone when I have the SMB round me, and my toaster of course.

Logon or register to see this image
Just dinnit bath with it :lol:.

Not enough time really.
When I lived in Sydney and used public transport to work I cherished the 45 minute journey. Now I drive to work and its not the same.
I get a couple of hours sometimes when the wife is working late and I've put the kids to bed.

Mind I'm down London all next week for work so will be on me Todd. Will probably meet mates one night. Would have really looked forward to it once. Not now.

I grew up surrounded by a nice family but we didn’t really discuss personal problems we just got on with things. I hated most of secondary school, some of the lads were total ***** and still are total *****.

I was in the school football teams, in the top sets, but zero confidence and I felt lonely. Even now only a few people understand me so I tend to withdraw from social situations.

:lol:

I would quite like the company of the woman in the would you like to meet an older woman advert that keeps showing on here.

Yeah, thats what i mean about the situation, sometimes i won’t talk to any fucker at work when i am on one of my down days, not many really get me or my mood swings. Can appear abrupt and rude but i am really the opposite and love being by myself or just mooching with doggies. Its bad when my supervisor checks my mush every day and enquires about my mood today. Ha

Last edited:
Wife's been gone to her mother's for the weekend since 1.

I'm already listening to Johnny Cash LPs :lol:

68yrs old. divorced. no partner in 20+ yrs. 2 kids 37 and 35 both live away so I live alone. 3 or 4 friends but only see one regularly. never go out.

See my 2 kids every sunday for a couple of hours so around 98% of my time I spend alone. Apary from my 10 yr old labrador.

But are you happy or no?

If I’m alone it’s because I choose to be. Got various groups of friends and family to divide my time between, also get along with some people from work well enough to ring them up for a pint. Occasionally chat to people at the gym. Spend most weekends with my girlfriend. It’s weird like as I’m quite a shy person I reckon.

I need alone time fairly regularly though. Being sociable takes it out of me :lol:

Time with the family is all about quality, spend most of my free time with the wife, 10% if I’m lucky with my daughter but she’s 14 and maybe that’s teenagers but that 10% is class.

Love playing PS4, drinking wine and eating pizza in my free time. All good and happy but the 10% really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back