Loneliness and that

Dave Herbal

Striker
How much of your time do you spend alone?
Just been reading some leaflet in the docs about preventing loneliness and suicide. It’s obviously a real problem for some people, especially the elderly. I still have all of my family, and several different sets of friends but it must be hard for those who aren’t so lucky.

So what percentage of your time do you spend alone? And sleeping doesn’t count if you sleep with someone else.
It’s about 35% of my life for me, but I enjoy my own company. I bet there’s some of you who work alone and have huge percentages though? Hope the SMB acts as some kind of surrogate family if you’re one of the lonely people. We’re always here to talk, folks.

Does a cat in an igloo bed count as company?

TBH, as I was as a child, so I am as an adult, if I'm happy, I'm happy in my own company, if I'm not happy, I'm not happy in my own company and go seeking friends/family/anything.

Men die earlier because we have less friends and become more isolated as we get older.

Whatever way you look at it, being lonely is bad for your health.
I reckon women live longer than men due to the fact that men have to live with women. It would be interesting to see the comparitive figures for lesbian cohabitation life expectancy. Shame Norris is banned.

When I worked away, the first week and second were good it was like being single again (without the sleeping about part, I do have morals), but from week three it became progressively worse and by week six or eight when I was due to fly home, I wanted nothing more then my family. Missed them all like mad.

I've not had to deal with a prolonged absence so can't say how I'd handle it. Certainly felt the 'pain' in the short term.

Agree, i like my own company and not having to bother with people but I've got friends and family so it's a choice, might think very differently about enjoying being alone if that's all i had.
Totally agree, there is a lot of us in r
I reckon women live longer than men due to the fact that men have to live with women. It would be interesting to see the comparitive figures for lesbian cohabitation life expectancy. Shame Norris is banned.
Live next door to 2 rug munchers nah you defiantly wadn’t.

:lol: I understand how you feel this way. I do sometimes but cling on to my Hippy hopes.:lol:

When there is just me and my dog out for a walk forests, fields, beaches or meadows, my life is bliss without humans to bother us. Loneliness sounds a bad word but it can be a good thing too.:)
I didn’t want our family to have a dog but I now prefer canine company to being with humans.

Back