London

Class for a visit. Would absolutely hate to live there.
Conversely, I couldn't live anywhere else. f***ing class place, 24 hour city, public transport frequent and late, loads of cultural things to see and do, the people talk properly.

Has it's good and bad points like anywhere on earth, but for me the only city in the world that comes anywhere near is Amsterdam.

Conversely, I couldn't live anywhere else. f***ing class place, 24 hour city, public transport frequent and late, loads of cultural things to see and do, the people talk properly.

Has it's good and bad points like anywhere on earth, but for me the only city in the world that comes anywhere near is Amsterdam.

Errrrrrr... I don't think so.

Where was you innit.

If you say so.... :lol:

I'm not so sure about that. Maybe in some areas it does, but as I travel around the country I see investment, whereas there are many parts of London that seemingly get nothing.

That's a fair comment. But as a region, London generally does well, even if some parts of that region do better than others.

If they'd started HS2 construction in the North and worked south... it would have been finished. I don't doubt it.

Olympics... London
Wembley.... London (remember when FA Cup semis were Hillsborough and Villa Park etc)

We live in a world where apparently money is tight, but when money can be spent. Its spent in London.

I love Crossrail/Elizabeth line. It's incredible. Yet I know that amount of money would have been sanctioned anywhere else in the UK

Wembley.... London (remember when FA Cup semis were Hillsborough and Villa Park etc)
I'm definitely in favour of semis being played at a local, neutral ground.

Wembley should be for the final only.

Just in a "save the planet" way, if nothing else.

If Manchester City were due to play Liverpool in the semis, surely they could be played at Old Trafford. Why would you send all those fans to London, it is just wrong.

That's a fair comment. But as a region, London generally does well, even if some parts of that region do better than others.

If they'd started HS2 construction in the North and worked south... it would have been finished. I don't doubt it.

Olympics... London

We live in a world where apparently money is tight, but when money can be spent. Its spent in London.

I love Crossrail/Elizabeth line. It's incredible. Yet I know that amount of money would have been sanctioned anywhere else in the UK
The last bit into London wasn’t finished though. It doesn’t even reach Euston and stops at some place nobody knows about or cares about.

I love London, I haven't been for a couple of years, but we used to go down 2-3 times a year. We'd take the kids shopping at Christmas. Last time I was down I did a tour of some of the oldest boozers: Prospect of Whitby, Old Cheshire Cheese etc- some fantastic old pubs in London.
Some smashing pubs all along the river (and everywhere else too). The ones on the river heading east have great history to them though.

There’s about 3 Cheshire cheeses within a mile of each other …. Canny confusing!

I love London, I haven't been for a couple of years, but we used to go down 2-3 times a year. We'd take the kids shopping at Christmas. Last time I was down I did a tour of some of the oldest boozers: Prospect of Whitby, Old Cheshire Cheese etc- some fantastic old pubs in London.

I love a pub crawl in London (even if my bank account hates it). Only problem is that some of the oldest and most historic ones (including the Prospect of Whitby), are owned by Greene King, so the beer selection in them is often poor.

Back