London pint prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should do a comparison. I’ll buy a round down here and someone can buy the same round up there and we’ll see the difference.

Obviously it ebbs n flows like.

Smallcrafts club hartlepool bank hol monday got a guiness, moretti n strongbow for £8!:lol:

Again though if were talking bars within a few hundred yards of major stations difference is neglidgible.

Be cocktails knowing you lot :rolleyes:
OP said Peroni are £4.80 in Hartlepool. I’ll check at the local later.

Smallcrafts club hartlepool bank hol monday got a guiness, moretti n strongbow for £8!:lol:

Again though if were talking bars within a few hundred yards of major stations difference is neglidgible.
I think it’s probably “premium” beer like Peroni, Estrella etc.

time the myth was put to bed. Was in a very nice pub next to the shard last week, 2 peroni a tenner, only 20 pence less than my fecking hartlepool local.

Then later bought 2 x 4 pint pitchers of Estreller in a decent bar/tapas place. Laughed as I thought theyd charged for one, £22. Actually £11 each though that was 15 disc as they thought I worked in office above. So £13 for 4 pints.

I reckon bar digs n train a london weekends no dearer than a Newcastle one now.

Folk thinking otherwise havent been since ‘73.;)

What were these places called, next time I am there may pop in if in the area. Cheers

time the myth was put to bed. Was in a very nice pub next to the shard last week, 2 peroni a tenner, only 20 pence less than my fecking hartlepool local.

Then later bought 2 x 4 pint pitchers of Estreller in a decent bar/tapas place. Laughed as I thought theyd charged for one, £22. Actually £11 each though that was 15 disc as they thought I worked in office above. So £13 for 4 pints.

:eek: What's your local?

Niver seen a hotel room for less than £90 a night in the smoke..

Went to watch the Sandies at Wembley last year, got a beer at Victoria train station while I was waiting and that was nearly 6 quid. Quite exhorbitant around the middle bit of London. I did get a beer for just over 3 quid at Spoons in Wembley High Street afterwards mind.

Off to London next Sunday, a fiver each way for the train from Havant to Victoria. Cannit get vexed for that.

Peroni is worth the money tbf you get a lovely glass to take home

Birra Moretti ones anarl. Hold more than a pint iirc.

Never noticed much of a difference between Leeds and London. Depends on where you drink but there’s not much between like for like bars.

I think to be scientific you’d have to compare similar types of pubs. Normal independent pub, a wankier more expensive bar, a Wetherspoons and a Sam Smiths.

Id say, very very roughly mind, that pint averages down there have risen from 4.50 to a fiver in the last year or so while decent NE bars have gone from £3 to £4.50
The gap isnt huge but they havent got the luxury of workies clubs etc if a cheap ones required.

Like for like
London spoons is about £4
Hartlepool spoons is about £2

Found it's usually pubs in Zone's 1 & 2 on the tube map that are expensive, although Sam Smith's pubs are usually cheap. The downside is the beer's a bit shite.

My local is usually between £5-6 a pint.

The scratter ones yesterday were advertising £3 pints of ale during the world cup.

Pay similar prices in Newcastle on a saturday night

Normally pay £15 for a pint and a glass of wine for the wife.
The only cheap bar I've found was a Sam Smith's near Totenham Court Road.

Like for like
London spoons is about £4
Hartlepool spoons is about £2

Depends whether you're in a shit Spoons or one of the slightly up market ones. The one at Shepherd's Bush is about the same price as elsewhere in the country.

On average though you're talking a fiver a pint unless you're drinking shite like Carling or Fosters which will be closer to 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back