London pint prices.

SPUFF

Striker
time the myth was put to bed. Was in a very nice pub next to the shard last week, 2 peroni a tenner, only 20 pence less than my fecking hartlepool local.

Then later bought 2 x 4 pint pitchers of Estreller in a decent bar/tapas place. Laughed as I thought theyd charged for one, £22. Actually £11 each though that was 15 disc as they thought I worked in office above. So £13 for 4 pints.

I reckon bar digs n train a london weekends no dearer than a Newcastle one now.

Folk thinking otherwise havent been since ‘73.;)

time the myth was put to bed. Was in a very nice pub next to the shard last week, 2 peroni a tenner, only 20 pence less than my fecking hartlepool local.

Then later bought 2 x 4 pint pitchers of Estreller in a decent bar/tapas place. Laughed as I thought theyd charged for one, £22. Actually £11 each though that was 15 disc as they thought I worked in office above. So £13 for 4 pints.

Bollocks

You must have been charged locals rates

2 moretti in Corbridge a tenner
Full of Geordie millionaire wannabees as well

There are places where you can get a reasonably priced pint but I would say that the average is at least 30% higher than the average pint in Sunderland (or Hartlepool i would imagine) it's about an average and it's more, simple.

There are places where you can get a reasonably priced pint but I would say that the average is at least 30% higher than the average pint in Sunderland (or Hartlepool i would imagine) it's about an average and it's more, simple.

Id say, very very roughly mind, that pint averages down there have risen from 4.50 to a fiver in the last year or so while decent NE bars have gone from £3 to £4.50
The gap isnt huge but they havent got the luxury of workies clubs etc if a cheap ones required.

Back