London its a dump

Walked along Regents Canal on Sunday from Angel to Limehouse. I used to berate London in the past, but this walk cast it in a new light for me, it was lovely. Like everywhere there is good and bad, but London , like most cities in the UK are fast improving. Its places in the provinces that are becoming shitholes.
That's a great walk.. I walked from York hall bethnal green to angel a couple months ago along the canal . Then got a canal boat that took me under London in a tunnel all the wa to kings cross parcel yard . I didn't even know the tunnel existed.. totally facscinating

Amazed nobody was stabbed, apparently Sadiq Khan ensures everyone gets stabbed at least once in London, I read it on here by supporters of the Tory party who have decimated the police .

Love the place me. Yes there’s horrible areas but there is most places. Best thing is you can totally be yourself. Anything goes, up here if you do anything that isn’t considered the norm your branded a weirdo. Only thing we have over it is the coast. Tin hat on but living in Newcastle I prefer the people down there. Much more accepting of other people. I prefer that to people I don’t know making small talk with me on public transport.

Last edited:
There’s loads to do down there if you have money and lots of it.
You don't need loads of money, there's plenty to do even if you're on a tight budget.
Walked along Regents Canal on Sunday from Angel to Limehouse. I used to berate London in the past, but this walk cast it in a new light for me, it was lovely. Like everywhere there is good and bad, but London , like most cities in the UK are fast improving. Its places in the provinces that are becoming shitholes.
That's a hell of walk!

I usually do Hackney to Islington via the Olympic Park up the same stretch of canal.

Some really picturesque parts on route.

Last edited:
Get sick of people in sunderland calling it a dump 99% of them have never been out of it, stayed over in London now the past 4 times and in different parts and I can definitely say what a shithole it is very nice in ctr but out in the suburbs a dump give me sunderland any day glad to live in gods country.
Some of those fu**ers down there use punctuation as well.

Posh tw*ts

More chance of being stabbed in the bum than anywhere else in Soho .

Always a good vibe in soho
It's a very strange place when you dig deeper. I actually love the loons and the weirdos but some of the stuff my ex Met police chum tells me,from the early 90s, is crackers.

The OP’s got a point, theres nowhere decent outside the centre except for Barnes, Kew, Twickenham, Hampstead, Greenwich, Dulwich, Clapham, Wimbledon, Putney, Fulham, Marleybone, Belgravia, Chelsea, Richmond, Harrow, Kingston and another two dozen or so of the suburbs.

Back