London City Airport

you just used 'trekking to and from the airport' as justification against the plane. its a 15 minute cab ride from NCL to the city centre. if you live in Sunlun, its a lot further, so its a fair question to ask.

My mam and dad live next to Doxford International. I was comparing train and plane journeys from London to Newcastle.

hold luggage? you moving house?

Add on another £40 or £50 for hold luggage anarl

£60/£70 return on the train with a railcard

Factor in the time to get to City Airport on the DLR, time waiting in the airport, the 1 hour flight, fannying about at Ponteland airport, getting back down to Wearside, it's not really quicker at all either.
?

train prices are a disgrace on the route home. better value on almost all other lines to other parts of the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not an extreme tho is. That's the point. The cost of rail travel in this country is a disgrace.
well it is, because youve used a 230 quid return to prove a point. i dare say most on here will book their travel in advance and not pay 230 quid. i booked a single from darlo to kings cross for 53 quid on the way back from blackpool.

its amazing how many idiots get to the front of a security line and THEN decide to take their belt off and empty their pockets. the amount of times the attendant has waved me through in front of someone because they have been asked to remove something and stand there holding the line up is unbelievable. there should be a slow and fast lane, and if you go in the wrong one you have to sit in the middle seat on your flight :lol:

you using an extreme to prove a point? hi jeremy

Have you ever been to Dublin and the Automatic Passport Control barriers? Never known so many morons in one place.

Back and forward to Dublin all of the time, trouser pockets emptied into my coat pocket, coat into my hand luggage along with my belt. Only thing in my hand is my mobile which has my boarding card on it.

Although it was hilarious when an old bloke took off his belt like he was in The Full Monty, went to step forward and his pants just dropped around his ankles...

well it is, because youve used a 230 quid return to prove a point. i dare say most on here will book their travel in advance and not pay 230 quid. i booked a single from darlo to kings cross for 53 quid on the way back from blackpool.

For me with Hand luggage, the 2 hour saving each way is a good thing. Actually makes working in London viable again for me, so will be looking out for Canary Wharf contracts.

Have you ever been to Dublin and the Automatic Passport Control barriers? Never known so many morons in one place.

Back and forward to Dublin all of the time, trouser pockets emptied into my coat pocket, coat into my hand luggage along with my belt. Only thing in my hand is my mobile which has my boarding card on it.

Although it was hilarious when an old bloke took off his belt like he was in The Full Monty, went to step forward and his pants just dropped around his ankles...
yeah been before. i feel your pain marra. got to JFK last september with the automatic passport reader and got from disembarking plane to on air train in 15/20 minutes. buzz through the machine, guy asks reason for travel, where my office was, where im staying and straight through. amazing what a bit of preparation can do.

ankle droppers must have been hilarious mind :lol:

For me with Hand luggage, the 2 hour saving each way is a good thing. Actually makes working in London viable again for me, so will be looking out for Canary Wharf contracts.
yeah same. if youre ever in the wharf area with time to kill giz a shout. cant beat a pint with a MLF.

I'd probably pay extra just to get a seat and fly now on bank holidays when grand central don't give me a reservation.

Can't be dealing with standing on the spot cramped twiddling me thumbs for close to 4 hours anymore.

Add on another £40 or £50 for hold luggage anarl

£60/£70 return on the train with a railcard

Factor in the time to get to City Airport on the DLR, time waiting in the airport, the 1 hour flight, fannying about at Ponteland airport, getting back down to Wearside, it's not really quicker at all either.
Turn up 50 minutes before the flight with hand luggage, have a swift pint. On the plane then straight off and onto metro into the town. Jobs a goodun :D. I used to fly up from Heathrow every Friday while my mate ended up standing on the train half the way home.

It's shut because of a drone atm like :lol:

bollocks, there is absolutely no defending the rail system in this country.

when the chartlon tickets came out, me and my mate looked at getting the train, it was £126 return - cheapest. it then rose to over £140 as it got closer to the time. do not try and make out like that is value for money or affordable for normal people.

there should be a standard fair. of around £40.

That was it easy jet, could of sworn it was heathrow. Mind it was a fair few years ago now so probably wrong.

In advance I got £50ish return a fair few times.
I think eastern used to fly lhr to ncl but stopped about 10 years ago. might be who you are thinking of.

might be a good option for me to get out the office in Canary Wharf and straight on a flight up. will keep an eye put.

Back