London City Airport

The price already is. Looking at around £160 return

Add on another £40 or £50 for hold luggage anarl

£60/£70 return on the train with a railcard

Factor in the time to get to City Airport on the DLR, time waiting in the airport, the 1 hour flight, fannying about at Ponteland airport, getting back down to Wearside, it's not really quicker at all either.

Add on another £40 or £50 for hold luggage anarl

£60/£70 return on the train with a railcard

Factor in the time to get to City Airport on the DLR, time waiting in the airport, the 1 hour flight, fannying about at Ponteland airport, getting back down to Wearside, it's not really quicker at all either.
who the fuck takes hold luggage to an away game? :lol:

Forgot that was the subject of the thread :oops:

Was thinking more from the standpoint of people coming home for a week :lol:

Still not worth it imo
friday nights its miles better if you're going to newcastle. number 1, you're guaranteed a seat. number 2, kings cross is utter chod on fridays because all the tarquins and henriettas going to their country house for the weekend clog the station up.

i live on the isle of dogs like, so its class for me :cool:

You'll do well to pay that much. If you're flying from the City you'll always be paying a premium and it'll very rarely if ever be cheaper than the train.
normally cheaper to edinburgh

friday nights its miles better if you're going to newcastle. number 1, you're guaranteed a seat. number 2, kings cross is utter chod on fridays because all the tarquins and henriettas going to their country house for the weekend clog the station up.

Nice half 7 flight on the evening to head up on after work. I'd do that.

Fair play. & spot on about the kings cross clientele.

Nice half 7 flight on the evening to head up on after work. I'd do that.
exactly. london city airport is class also because theres no scratters, only decent people who have been on flights other than ryanair/easyjet. one of the fastest security lines ive ever seen. finish work, canary wharf spoons for a pint, dlr to the airport and straight on. winner. be in the boozer in newcastle by 9.

Fair play. & spot on about the kings cross clientele.
its a proper nightmare. the same fuckers that clog the northern line up at clapham.

exactly. london city airport is class also because theres no scratters, only decent people who have been on flights other than ryanair/easyjet. one of the fastest security lines ive ever seen. finish work, canary wharf spoons for a pint, dlr to the airport and straight on. winner. be in the boozer in newcastle by 9.

its a proper nightmare. the same fuckers that clog the northern line up at clapham.

Unfortunately city airport has just opened itself up to scratters now.;)

Back