Lockdown behind drop in COVID cases and deaths- not vaccinations

Embarrassed with myself for the months of celebrating your daily good news posts on here. Thanks for trying anyway.

The messages over the last few days are a million miles away from the 'light at the end of the tunnel' stuff we were being fed in Jan / Feb.

I tried to keep updates to keep a positive way of thinking. Think most of us thought they would get us out this mess. Sadly it isnt looking that way

Says Johnson

Well, he is right isn't he?

Pubs, restaurants, non essential shops and schools have been closed for over 3 months.

That reduces large gatherings and because it was winter and cold, people probs stayed at home more.

With everything opening up now, the UK will see an increase in cases but the aim is that the vaccine will prevent deaths and hospitalisations.

However, under 45s haven't had their vaccines yet and a large percentage of those will be ones getting out and about to shops, pubs, restaurants etc.

Behaving responsibly is the key but in today's society, not everyone is capable of that sadly.

Pubs, restaurants, non essential shops and schools have been closed for over 3 months.

That reduces large gatherings and because it was winter and cold, people probs stayed at home more.

With everything opening up now, the UK will see an increase in cases but the aim is that the vaccine will prevent deaths and hospitalisations.

However, under 45s haven't had their vaccines yet and a large percentage of those will be ones getting out and about to shops, pubs, restaurants etc.

Behaving responsibly is the key but in today's society, not everyone is capable of that sadly.

Not at all, if he stated a combination of the vaccine and the lockdown has created where we are now, it’s acceptable and I’d agree.

The lockdown reduced the deaths etc, of course it did, that’s why we supported it.

But to bullshit and negatively poke at the vaccination effect isn’t wise, he will come out with another statement once he is told his stupidity.

Especially to dismiss the vaccinations we need to promote to people who are not done yet.

He is worried about opening up, I don’t blame him, but don’t bullshit.

I can understand what he is saying, but don't understand what the point in saying & emphasising it so heavily is now that vaccinations are advanced. What did he expect on the first day things opened up? He was going to the pub himself before Prince Phillip died.

Unless we are having the sword of damocles held over us about future lockdowns I don't see why he would say this. Less of this talk please Boris

But AZ Phase 3 trials contradict him, and go even further, saying the AZ vaccine even reduces transmission greatly. Therefore this would then help stop future infection rates...

"The primary analysis of the Phase III clinical trials from the UK, Brazil and South Africa, published as a preprint in The Lancet confirmed COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca is safe and effective at preventing COVID-19, with no severe cases and no hospitalisations, more than 22 days after the first dose.

Results demonstrated vaccine efficacy of 76% (CI: 59% to 86%) after a first dose, with protection maintained to the second dose. With an inter-dose interval of 12 weeks or more, vaccine efficacy increased to 82% (CI: 63%, 92%).

The analysis also showed the potential for the vaccine to reduce asymptomatic transmission of the virus, based on weekly swabs obtained from volunteers in the UK trial. The data showed that PCR positive readings were reduced by 67% (CI: 49%, 78%) after a single dose, and 50% (CI: 38% to 59%) after the two dose regimen, supporting a substantial impact on transmission of the virus."

This makes mim a blatent lier.
Think we already knew he was.

I can understand what he is saying, but don't understand what the point in saying & emphasising it so heavily is now that vaccinations are advanced. What did he expect on the first day things opened up? He was going to the pub himself before Prince Phillip died.

Unless we are having the sword of damocles held over us about future lockdowns I don't see why he would say this. Less of this talk please Boris

“ Go to the pub”
“ Don’t go to the pub “
;)

Not at all, if he stated a combination of the vaccine and the lockdown has created where we are now, it’s acceptable and I’d agree.

The lockdown reduced the deaths etc, of course it did, that’s why we supported it.

But to bullshit and negatively poke at the vaccination effect isn’t wise, he will come out with another statement once he is told his stupidity.

Especially to dismiss the vaccinations we need to promote to people who are not done yet.

He is worried about opening up, I don’t blame him, but don’t bullshit.

The effectiveness of the vaccinations started yesterday when everything opened up again.

Cases and deaths decreased because circumstances that can lead to outbreaks were prevented because of the lockdown.

In the next 4-8 weeks, cases will rise again but with over 30 million having had at least one dose, it'll reduce the risk of death and hospitalisation while in the next 4-8 weeks the up will hope to roll out the remainder of the vaccines for the over 18s population.

The next 4-8 weeks in the UK will give a clear indication of how effective the vaccines have been but I'm sorry to tell you that the vaccines have had very little of anything at all to do with numbers decreasing in the last 3/4 months because there haven't been circumstances where it could be tested.

More like masks and gel. Till the LFT I would have said masks and gel is the best way to protect yourself.
My wife done an LFT test at 12oclock on a Sunday and it was negative. By 6pm she was feeling bad and by midnight burning up and coughing. She booked a PCR test for 9am the next morning and tested positive. She didn't get out of bed for 3 weeks.

The vaccine is getting to be just a chance for people to brag and crow about having had it to everyone.

The best way to protect oneself is to act responsible.
My wife done an LFT test at 12oclock on a Sunday and it was negative. By 6pm she was feeling bad and by midnight burning up and coughing. She booked a PCR test for 9am the next morning and tested positive. She didn't get out of bed for 3 weeks.
There you go. The LFT did that. Not the vaccines.

Last edited:
I tried to keep updates to keep a positive way of thinking. Think most of us thought they would get us out this mess. Sadly it isnt looking that way

I was exactly the same but its becoming clear it isnt going the way we all thought it would and for that reason I will not be getting a vaccine.

It's obvious that a vaccine that may not stop you catching it cannot be the reason for a drop in cases - that's the lockdown. But like so much Boris said it's a bit odd - hospitalisations and ICU have collapsed at a different and higher rate - that's the vaccine.

She has been vaccinated already I believe ?

The effectiveness of the vaccinations started yesterday when everything opened up again.
Don’t apologise, but I don’t believe you are correct.
The lockdown was weak as piss and wasn’t as effective as people believed.
The thought of the vaccine only coming into affect this week is laughable, it’s as if people believed that the lockdown was 100% effective and people didn’t get infected, where has this suddenly came from?
It was used as a tool to allow the economy to tick over whilst minimising infection, not eliminating it.

However ignoring the fact you you or I may be correct, my main gripe is people who haven’t had the vaccine, now have another reason to not take up the option.
Why spend months trying to persuade people it’s the answer to opening up again, then coming out with this.
It’s madness to preach the gospel then tell people there is no god.

Back