Local lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that a dig at those of us with childcare issues?
Can you explain how we are being selfish please?

Not a dig at all. I wholly sympathise with people in the childcare predicament and I would be but for the grace of God (well Ofsted and my bank account) but there are people who are openly saying they will flout the law and mix households regardless of childcare. That is selfish.

Tbf, No-one has a god-given right to be allowed into a pub.

Even in normal, non-Covid times pubs can have their own rules about who is and isn't allowed in to their establishment.

The Bell is choosing to adopt this as a rule - fair play to them - other places won't because they don't have to.

I know other pubs doing it. Even if only half do, that helping. And those that aren't isn't the fault of the rule makers.

It's barmy to me. Youd have to be a tatie to be going "it's only advice, so fuck it, I'm doing it".

I wonder if the Council will fine me if I take my kids out of school since the parents and grandparents of every other kid there seems intent on flouting the law, I am not going to expose my kids and family to the risk of catching the virus from the selfish arseholes.

Its not against the law for Grandparents to pick up kids mate.

Its not against the law for Grandparents to pick up kids mate.

That’s not what I’m saying mate. There are a lot of people who are parents and grandparents of school aged kids saying they are going to ignore the law and mix households, so kids at the same school as mine will be exposed to mixed households and higher transmission rates.

I take childcare rules out of the following comments because that sounds like a nightmare for those who don't have flexibility in their work and I've no idea what I would do in that scenario...

But I don't know what people think is going to happen if we don't take steps to curb the number of cases rising. Is it going to miraculously stop rising?

Of course there are inconsistencies but I don't know how you can balance protecting health and protecting the economy without having inconsistencies.

It's been spelled out that we've traced three big causes of the spike in cases; pubs, visiting homes and amateur sports. So that's what has been targeted for action.

People whaling on that they can't go to the pub with their mates for a couple of weeks man. I'll expect those people who take the piss and do it anyway to front up on here when cases don't go down and pubs close and to say that their drinks with their mates was worth the pub now closing and people losing income and possibly jobs.

And if you're seeing loads of people in your work or daily activities it's probably not a good idea to see your elderly mother right now, either at home or in the pub! I know I won't be :(

Not a dig at all. I wholly sympathise with people in the childcare predicament and I would be but for the grace of God (well Ofsted and my bank account) but there are people who are openly saying they will flout the law and mix households regardless of childcare. That is selfish.

I agree. Today I am working with my laptop on my knee and my one year old son sat next to me with Peppa pig on.

It’s not ideal.

I just don't understand the logic behind been able to meet in a pub but not in a household. People will scream "track and trace" but it's utter bollocks. I'll get my Mam to put a notepad at the front of her house and sign me in, job sorted

"advised", "should not" - all a load of shite..... "but crack on going to work mixing with 100s/1000s as we are doing everything to prevent the spread of the virus"
Hancock’s take on it, copied from bbc web site

”He also noted that people feel they are more likely to catch the virus from a stranger - "but most people get it from someone they know, and know well" due to closer contact, he said.”

Bumped into my neighbours parents this morning taking their grandson out for a walk. The grandad is an angry gammon type. I’d only said ‘Good morning’ before he started barking about how they weren’t going to comply because “why should we suffer when we’ve done nothing wrong...it’s all these people in pubs”. I had stuff to crack on with so didn’t engage but clearly there are some people very upset about these latest rules and who intend to not comply.

Childcare if available, but some don't want to pay for it.
Still haven't answered what you do if both parents are working night shift? If it's me your implying, I never once said I didnt want to pay for it as I said I've spent thousands already this year. Wont rise to the bait though. You obviously know better than everyone else

Well done but the main issue on this thread is something that you don’t even have to worry about. Childcare.

It’s completely impossible for me and my wife to manage due to our jobs and family situation.

Of course we will do our bit and not visit mates, or even go to family members outside of childcare, but we are absolutely knackered if my mam (not single household) can’t pick up and drop off the kids to school.

Hopefully there are some serious repercussions for this place.
I get that mate. There's plenty on this thread, and the wider North East landscape, that have turned around and said they aren't going to follow them who don't have childcare issues. Someone on Facebook was booting off because their tattoo got cancelled for example.

Like I say I'm only slightly on my high horse, because I acknowledge I have it pretty easy in comparison, and I'm definitely not in relation to people who do have kids etc.

Still haven't answered what you do if both parents are working night shift? If it's me your implying, I never once said I didnt want to pay for it as I said I've spent thousands already this year. Wont rise to the bait though. You obviously know better than everyone else

Do what you can mate to the best of your ability.

Next week I will need my in-laws to have my son.

If I’m fined then I’ll go to court and argue that it was a choice between being unpaid and then having him.

I can’t afford more childcare than I already have and both mine and my wife’s jobs means we can’t take leave at short notice.

If that makes me a bad person then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back