Loan watch

Cost them a needed point as well. A really stupid tackle
He'd already won a free kick but he carried on, given he's an experienced player it was completely stupid.
Has it been a simple case of frozen out by the manager? Few comments I read saying he did well.
I think so, he hasn't missed games through injury from what I've seen just isn't fancied. The players who have played instead aren't a step up or anything either.

Last edited:
Could Alex Bass be our no.1 if Patterson goes? He seems to have done really well on loan and is now coming into a decent age for a keeper?

Could Alex Bass be our no.1 if Patterson goes? He seems to have done really well on loan and is now coming into a decent age for a keeper?

Can't see that being under any form of consideration to be honest. Not slating the lad at all, but I'd rather go with Young if we're considering Bass.

Can't see that being under any form of consideration to be honest. Not slating the lad at all, but I'd rather go with Young if we're considering Bass.
Fair enough. I'm not sure how long Bass has left on his contract. Might be a case of Bass stays here as no.2 and Bishop goes on loan

Anderson Feeney Flanagan Winchester O’Brien
I wonder what the plan is for Anderson. He's got another 2 years left on his deal and I believe an option for a further year.

He's 23 now so he's at the stage where he really should be playing week in week out now. He's player about 25 times this season whilst out in loan which is an half decent amount.

From the little I seen him in a Sunderland shirt he looked more than capable on the ball. Nice left foot. But I haven't really seen him tested defensively

Could he kick on here next season or is he one that should go?

I wonder what the plan is for Anderson. He's got another 2 years left on his deal and I believe an option for a further year.

He's 23 now so he's at the stage where he really should be playing week in week out now. He's player about 25 times this season whilst out in loan which is an half decent amount.

From the little I seen him in a Sunderland shirt he looked more than capable on the ball. Nice left foot. But I haven't really seen him tested defensively

I had the same thought you did. He looked ok on the ball and I could see the logic in him maybe playing left of a back 3 when we’re expecting to dominate the ball.

However if he’s not standing out for Shrewsbury at this stage in his career, I worry he’ll make the improvements necessary to get to upper championship level which is where our players should be aiming for currently

If I were inclined to go to the bookies, I’d probably say we’ll see him loaned out each year until his contract runs out or a L1 team gets him on a cheap fee

Last edited:

I think the question marks are over his physicality, he looks fine technically but has the loan helped him learn how to deal with stronger centre forwards. I can’t see him playing regularly with Seelt, Triantis, Hjelde, Alese and Zak Johnson all returning at one point or another. This loan should mean we pick up a fee for him though and no harm in taking a look pre season.

Alex Bass is out injured after the Swindon game. Today lost 3-2.

Joe Anderson started in a 1-1 draw at Charlton and are staying up.

Jack Diamond started and played 65 minutes in a 1-3 loss to Wycombe.

Kel started in a 2-1 defeat at Carlton Town.

Matty Young started in his final game for Darlington in a 0-0 draw at Darlington.

Alex Bass is out injured after the Swindon game. Today lost 3-2.

Joe Anderson started in a 1-1 draw at Charlton and are staying up.

Jack Diamond started and played 65 minutes in a 1-3 loss to Wycombe.

Kel started in a 2-1 defeat at Carlton Town.

Matty Young started in his final game for Darlington in a 0-0 draw at Darlington.

How many clean sheets is that for Young now ? What a brilliant loan move it proved to be .

While I don't think it'll happen, I wouldn't be against Young challenging for that no.1 spot. Will likely be a loan move again though.

How many clean sheets is that for Young now ? What a brilliant loan move it proved to be .

While I don't think it'll happen, I wouldn't be against Young challenging for that no.1 spot. Will likely be a loan move again though.

Just looked. 5 in 14 clean sheets, 13 conceded. Started on 23rd place ended 16th.

Season long loan and 40 odd games at league 1 or 2 would be best. No rush.

Hes aparently the best keeper on our books so I was told

I’ve never seen him play so don’t know tbh

Back