Loan watch

Matty Young loan catching the eye .. I was at Spartans game last week against Curzon Ashton speaking to fans amour darlo game and they couldn’t speak highly enough of the lads composure and presence.. and ability to take their “banter” thankfully the drinking in the stands is back 😜 temporary halted because of a stray pint in his direction .. probably would have picked it up and launched it back knowing the lad
Apparently another good commanding permfonance today. There’s some top posters saying a loan next season higher up the ladder but hes my tip for a breakthrough next season.

Apparently another good commanding permfonance today. There’s some top posters saying a loan next season higher up the ladder but hes my tip for a breakthrough next season.

National league loan next year I suspect. We have to remember he will only be 17 years old, a very good prospect and has the talent to play higher but will a club in the football league will take the risk on someone so young in a position like goalkeeper? Im not so sure.

40 odd games in mens football next year will put him in good stead the year after to challenge Patterson.

National league loan next year I suspect. We have to remember he will only be 17 years old, a very good prospect and has the talent to play higher but will a club in the football league will take the risk on someone so young in a position like goalkeeper? Im not so sure.

40 odd games in mens football next year will put him in good stead the year after to challenge Patterson.
League 2 at the very least. He’s probably good enough for league 1 truth be told

I agree he has the talent, there has to be a club to be willing take the risk on someone so young. Time will tell in the summer and it will be down to his agent to find him the right opportunity.
Somewhere like Carlisle who will be in League 2 wouldn't be a bad move

I went to the Darlo game on Saturday instead, Young was excellent. Didn't have loads to do as Southport were mostly terrible, but made some very good saves when called upon. Very composed and great command of his area too.

Too soon for a crack at our squad next year, but I think if a L2 club took the chance they'd be rewarded with a great keeper.
Heard earlier that Chelsea have offered us Burstow on loan for another season, make of that what you will.
They probably have, there's no chance any other championship team would have him so we're their only hope of him keeping some value. He will surely be in L1 at best next year and I have my doubts as to whether he'd survive at that level.

Last edited:
I went to the Darlo game on Saturday instead, Young was excellent. Didn't have loads to do as Southport were mostly terrible, but made some very good saves when called upon. Very composed and great command of his area too.

Too soon for a crack at our squad next year, but I think if a L2 club took the chance they'd be rewarded with a great keeper.

They probably have, there's no chance any other championship team would have him so we're their only hope of him keeping some value. He will surely be in L1 at best next year and I have my doubts as to whether he'd survive at that level.
Why would we even think about bringing Burstow back for next season.....it would be mental if we did

Back