LJ got the subs all wrong again

There was a terrible thread the other day with people blindly saying “it worked” when we go 3 at back

every single game we do it we play worse and get deeper

it doesn’t work at all

what we were doing for the other 8t5 minutes works

idiots man
This is the issue for me. We need to manage the game better and keep the ball while still offering an attacking threat.

LJ has been great this season, but that’s one thing I wish he would stop doing. We invite pressure and hoof the ball for the next wave.

this

it’s simple

Johnson been mint this year but this thing be does at end of game doesn’t remotely work

he really needs to stop doing it

Last edited:

Hopefully after yesterday he will have to think about it. He Was giving himself a pat on the back previous games as he thought it was working whereas if he was a good coach he would have seen that was coming a mile off.
not a disaster by any stretch of imagination and will be worth it if he has learnt it is not the best way to see out games by inviting pressure onto themselves.

Whatever your views on LJ, BW and/or anyone else, its becoming a theme that we struggle to see out the last 10 minutes. (yes I know we have done for some games, but I, for one, would like a slightly more relaxed finish to games, if possible, after we have done the hard work of scoring and going ahead).

LJ needs to work on our game management (both his and the team's) or we will end up with this every game because other managers will be noting this vulnerability and exploiting it.

Whatever your views on LJ, BW and/or anyone else, its becoming a theme that we struggle to see out the last 10 minutes. (yes I know we have done for some games, but I, for one, would like a slightly more relaxed finish to games, if possible, after we have done the hard work of scoring and going ahead).

LJ needs to work on our game management (both his and the team's) or we will end up with this every game because other managers will be noting this vulnerability and exploiting it.
We are a really good footballing team but the keeper/defence just boots it long last 10. At one point towards the end in added time yesterday our keeper kicked it straight through to their keeper ffs. Must have only been a minute left. So poor

We have a bit of pace in the team we should be using it in the last 15-20 mins not just hanging on. Stretch the oppo by running at them don’t just sit back and hope.. poor tactics

There was a terrible thread the other day with people blindly saying “it worked” when we go 3 at back

every single game we do it we play worse and get deeper

it doesn’t work at all

what we were doing for the other 8t5 minutes works

idiots man

this

it’s simple

Johnson been mint this year but this thing be does at end of game doesn’t remotely work

he really needs to stop doing it
Idiots and you're the genius no doubt.

We cannot just play Neil and Embleton 90 minutes every game till they break down. We want them at their best for a full season if we’re to go up. We have more than adequate replacements on the bench. At 2 nil up any 11 we have put should be able to hold a lead for 10 minutes.

Individual mistakes were made and we lost 2 points today, These things happen in league 1. For me, like after Burton it’s how we respond. Beat Bolton and Cheltenham at home and its forgotten. We’ve still had a brilliant start to the season. Better than the last time we won the 3rd division.

really not a fan like but if it works suppose LJ would argue it's good game management and he trusts his players to see the job through etc. there's nothing in this league we need to be scared of though so why we're shutting up shop instead of trying to finish the game is puzzling. no need to do it in league one. cup game against better opposition i would understand but not against the dross we play week in week out

We went from a team that was confident and happy to pass and stroke it around - from the keeper out - to a team that was panicky and hoofing the ball blindly upfield - including the keeper.

That's down to the manager. Defensive subs to go 5 at the back doesn't just send a message to the opposition - it sends a cautious, negative message to our players and they get jittery.

Good substitutions all managers make defensive substitutions when winning but fans with invariably moan about it. The players just have to do their jobs properly. I was a big critic of his last year but think he’s done very little wrong this year. Quite the opposite in fact.
We went from a team that was confident and happy to pass and stroke it around - from the keeper out - to a team that was panicky and hoofing the ball blindly upfield - including the keeper.

That's down to the manager. Defensive subs to go 5 at the back doesn't just send a message to the opposition - it sends a cautious, negative message to our players and they get jittery.
Again fan football that no manager that has ever existed agrees with. Nothing wrong with the tactics but poor execution by the players who have to do better.

Last edited:
Almost all of our goals this season have been created from Neil or embleton.

Our attacking threat completely vanished after he brought them off. Madness
LJ was using the excuse of tiredness and off days for the young'uns but I'd agree with you. all wrong subs

He does go very negative towards the end of games inviting teams on, he needs to have a re-think. Will he though....not likely.

The thing that infuriates me is I watched the EFL highlights and he goes mad with the ref after the game, players having to keep him away. He really should be going mad with BW for wrestling the player, no need to be touching him. That tells me it will happen again.

Shocking change in tactics cost us dearly..second half started as if we were just sitting back and happy to see it out...how many times has this approach cost us?

Back