LJ got the subs all wrong again

I said the players subbed on weren't the problem though. And they weren't.
I don't think the personnel were the problem more the fact we changed the way we were playing.
Neil (creative) for Evans (non creative)
Embleton (midfielder) for Broadhead (striker)
Mcgeady (attacker) for Alves (defender)

It should be like for like so we keep our shape.

Course he was players have to take responsibility when f***ing up and he fucked up
LJ's answer to protecting a leading position is to throw on more defenders instead of allowing the team to keep doing what gave them the lead in the first place. Changes the game plan around the players then waits for mistakes. He's a tactical novice and it shows. He loaded those players up when he could have played the game out with the same play but not necessarily the same players. He had the subs to do it but chose not to use them. He's flavour of the month, for now, but it won't last. I'll bet the players are pissed off.

The subs did nowt wrong but I do agree it was a bad decision to bring the pair of them off given their potential to transfer the ball from our third into their third.

LJ's answer to protecting a leading position is to throw on more defenders instead of allowing the team to keep doing what gave them the lead in the first place. Changes the game plan around the players then waits for mistakes. He's a tactical novice and it shows. He loaded those players up when he could have played the game out with the same play but not necessarily the same players. He had the subs to do it but chose not to use them. He's flavour of the month, for now, but it won't last. I'll bet the players are pissed off.
Almost every manager in the world does the same

I don't think it was the subs, rather the tactic of sitting back at the end.
If you are going to do that then at least have a speedboat up top to scare the living daylights out of the other team and making them think twice about pushing everyone up.
I don't really think it's a tactic to sit back mate, it's just something that happens during a game when the team are feeling the pressure a bit.
They're still young kids really and they will learn.
He will get them in, review the footage and point all this out to them, and if they are good enough, they will learn to recognise it when it starts to happen.
Give them a bit of time mate. They are kids playing for a really big club.

THEY WILL IMPROVE.

The best form of defence is attack, simples, we were winning by 2 goals why change the shape of the team, it was a big mistake
And don't get me started on that daft centre half, grabbing a shirt in the last minute of a game, crackers, in fact grabbing a shirt in the box at any time is utterly stupid.

Last edited:
Of course the players will be pissed off - pissed off that they threw away a two-goal lead to draw a game they should have won. They’ll be pissed off with themselves and with each other, I’d imagine, but not the manager. The manager didn’t make the mistakes on the pitch that led to the two goals

Reply to Steve H.
Seem to remember a curly headed stumpy little manager up the road say that.
And they won fuck all doing it.

Last edited:
Taking both Neil and Embleton off took the guts out of our midfield and ceded control to Fleetwood.
That's what changed what was a relatively comfortable position into the Alamo IMO.

Only reason I can think of to bring them off so early was to keep them fresh for Tuesday, but today was much bigger game than Tuesday imo.

Of course the players will be pissed off - pissed off that they threw away a two-goal lead to draw a game they should have won. They’ll be pissed off with themselves and with each other, I’d imagine, but not the manager. The manager didn’t make the mistakes on the pitch that led to the two goals
Entirely the fault of the manager in changing the game plan and inviting pressure on the defending players. You could see it a mile off (well, anyone except Lee could). This one was down to him.

It was just one of those days, if any blame at all it should be directed at Wright who got sucked in for the first goal then stupidly put his arms round the lad to give away a penalty.
Put his arms around him, he nearly had his kit off.....where was the ball?

LJ needs to learn how to see games out.

Back