1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living room TV set up

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Roker Mackem, Jan 9, 2018.

1. bennett83

bennett83 Winger

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

I can only go off the before and after calibration and I wouldn’t ever be without it now.

The article above has the below comment which made me lose respect for it somewhat:

“Despite what proponents of calibration tell you, the difference between most TVs calibrated and uncalibrated isn't huge. This difference is getting even more narrow, as the better modern TVs tend to be relatively accurate out of the box (i.e. before calibration) in their best picture settings.”

That’s a big statement and not really accurate, the colours are way out on the LG OLEDs for example. He showed me similar for high end sets from Sony and Samsung as well. So definitely not relitevly accurate out of the box.

Of course each to their own, if people are happy to spend a few grand on a telly and just make do with it, that’s their choice.

If I paid and didn’t think there was much difference I definitely wouldn’t consider doing it again. It would be chucking money away.

Fetch Fletch likes this.
  3. sima-hebburn

sima-hebburn Winger

I looked at doing it meself

but won't pay incase tv has to go back/breaks/nicked/ update wipes settings etc etc then its another £300 to have it done again.

for a £880 quantum dot tv I'm happy with , £300 to get the last couple of % out of picture , sleepy couldn't sell me it :eek::lol::p

https://www.techhive.com/article/2079503/smart-tv/easily-calibrate-your-new-hdtv.html

Before we get started, know that the vast majority of TVs now come from the factory set quite accurately. Choose the “home” option at first setup and you might be perfectly happy with the image quality. If that’s the case, spend your time watching a great movie instead of fiddling with the TV’s controls. But if you’d like to milk the last couple percent of image quality from your TV, we’ll guide you through the process. Just Just don’t expect your $500 TV to all of a sudden look like it has quantum dots or OLEDs on board.

4. Mackemansj1

Mackemansj1 Striker

Got a 65 ks 9000 but thinking of saving up for the new LG c8 they showed at ces last week.

5. Tadger

Tadger Striker

Daaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Fetch Fletch likes this.
  6. Roker Mackem

Roker Mackem Striker

Im getting pressured by family members to get it up high on the wall. All seem shocked I want it closer to eye level.

7. pele

pele Midfield

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

8. geordiedean

geordiedean Midfield

Wow id hate to have to crane my neck to watch that....far too high up its supposed to be eye level

9. Roker Mackem

Roker Mackem Striker

Lovely pussy though

10. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Low ceiling.

11. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

I think they always have but the tvs were much sturdier. Our previous one out little lad hit it with a toy hammer and it cracked the screen. Old TVs you could get a damp cloth and wipe across it, nowadays it fucking electrical cleaning wipes and gentle as she goes.