1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living room TV set up

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Roker Mackem, Jan 9, 2018.

1. tooliohelmet

tooliohelmet Midfield

Quick question re HDMI cables, can a crap one cause noise distortion, when I'm streaming through my Roku box theres a clicking on the sound....like on a vinyl record.....doesnt happen when I stream with the xbox, is it likely to be the cable?

2. No7

No7 Midfield

It's very possible. Try plugging the HDMI into another slot, if it's doing it again, just buy one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasi...5576015&sr=8-5&keywords=high+speed+hdmi+cable

3. Spot

Spot Striker

jackynutmeg and SAFCGardian like this.
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

I know exactly which bloke you mean, he is full of it and does my nut in!!! :lol:

Horatio Pugwash likes this.
  5. TheMop

TheMop Goalkeeper

Ooooo look at me. Grow up.

6. Roker Mackem

Roker Mackem Striker

:lol:
    Dont worry just a penis extension mate

7. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

Which one did you go for mate?

8. Roker Mackem

Roker Mackem Striker

The B7 mate..got 10% off so went for it

jackynutmeg likes this.
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

The prices are very reasonable now, dropped loads for the 2017 models haven't they - great news for the consumer!

Use that money you saved to get Steve in the calibrate it ;)

10. Roker Mackem

Roker Mackem Striker

Aye. Prices arent foing to get any lower than that before they sell out.

Very tempted like. Havent broken that to the Mrs yet mind.. cant wait to see her reaction :lol:

11. ontap

ontap Striker

wow that is quality Spot , of course I have none of that my set up is an older lg smart tv damn.

12. jedi_toaster

jedi_toaster Winger

I have set my tv display up from a list of optimal picture settings I found on an internet site that reviews tellies. It went into all the advanced menus and fiddled with settings I’d never heard of. Could a calibration from a professional really be any better than that, as he’d have no access to any other settings than the ones I’ve already calibrated via the recommendations I found myself?

13. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

Absolutely 100% mate yes.

They are experts at this stuff, they have 1000's of pounds worth of kit to read the exact state of your TV, show you where it stands with reds, greens, blues etc, then tweak them as needed to make them perfect.

It's literally a tailored session for your TV, not a generic one. The generic ones are pointless as every set is different out of the factory.

If every set was the same, a generic set of settings would be fine (it would also be done in the factory) - but they vary so much. I have only ever done what you do before, I thought it was enough. I was wrong, very wrong and happy to admit! :lol:

Spot and jedi_toaster like this.
  14. Andy_Roker1983

Andy_Roker1983 Striker

Just buy a decent unit, it’s easier. I prefer watching a tv on a unit rather than a wall just find it more comfortable.

15. Spot

Spot Striker

this 100% I'd also add that calibration also depends on your preferred/actual viewing conditions

Sleepy likes this.
  16. Putting a telly on the wall is scratterish behaviour.

SafcForeverFTM likes this.
  17. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

I can remember when televisions were on a stand and kids just didn’t touch them, when did kids start to?

Must be when you plant the seed. ;)

18. Martin F

Martin F Winger

On the other hand... no, cos it's all down to personal preferences.

jedi_toaster and Roker Mackem like this.
  19. Roker Mackem

Roker Mackem Striker

Theres always been fingerprints on my TV and my lad finds it amusing to climb on the unit and peep his head above the TV from the back as well as pulling the screen. Thats all well and good with a heavy plasma but with a thin screen OLED? Hmm

20. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

I bet you laughed the first time he did it.