Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an argument now they're potentially the greatest team ever, better than Brazil 1970, AC Milan 1989-1995, Barca 2009-2012.

No other team in top flight european football has achieved what they have achieved this season, literally ever.

They're probably going down as the greatest team ever in the history of the sport, don't think that's an understatement, certainly if they win the Champions league again this year.
If City were to win the Champions League this year there would be an argument to say they're not even the best in the last 3 years

There's an argument now they're potentially the greatest team ever, better than Brazil 1970, AC Milan 1989-1995, Barca 2009-2012.

No other team in top flight european football has achieved what they have achieved this season, literally ever.

They're probably going down as the greatest team ever in the history of the sport, don't think that's an understatement, certainly if they win the Champions league again this year.

It’s not a good argument when you’ve had teams retaining titles 3 years on the spin, teams retaining the champions league 3 years on the spin, teams doing domestic doubles and trebles, teams dominating for 10 years etc etc

They’re absolutely nowhere near the best team ever, not yet anyway. Win 3 on the bounce, go unbeaten, retain the champions league at least once then they can come into the argument, madness to label them that now

I think some of the reaction against Liverpool is that it's something that many other clubs could have done. Everybody kind of accepted City because it was just acknowledged that they spent their way to the title and they had Pep.

What Liverpool have done though is something that most big clubs could have done. Yes they spent a lot, but their overall net spend is low. The sums they've spent, and the infrastructure they've put in place is something that, with better decision making, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle and even possibly we could have done.

The best thing for everybody is that Liverpool just win this league and get it done with. Then everybody can get on with their lives and stop obsessing about them.

There'll be two weeks of media love, then everybody will start focussing on whether Kane will be fit for the Euros.
Then the Euros will happen and we'll all focus on that.
Then there'll be two weeks of whether Grealish will go to United.
Then the season will start and we'll be all fuming because we're starting the Championship season with Will Grigg as first choice.

Theres an argument this is the worst PL in years Everton were in the bottom 3 a couple of months back now on the coattails of 4th place

Tin hat on but I dont even think theyve been as good as last season performance wise but of course they have results

Liverpool have played well this season, there’s no doubting that but my god the competition has been piss poor. Only Shrewsbury have given them a decent game.
All our clubs are in the next stage of European football. I don’t think it’s the competition that’s weak just that Liverpool are that good.

That site only seems to have their results up to 1st February. If they keep winning they could well go to no 1 on that site.

However it really means nothing as their current results are just freaky and you couldn't regard them as the best of all time.
Current results? VVD signed more than two years ago and he's lost four games

All our clubs are in the next stage of European football. I don’t think it’s the competition that’s weak just that Liverpool are that good.
The fact that 4th are about 10pts worse off than this time last year says it is a very poor standard this season

Apart from Liverpool the so called big 6 can barely put 2 good results together

It must be that all of Europe are weak too.

Actually, the scousers won the world club cup too didn't they? Make that all of the world is rubbish.

They will go down as the greatest team ever if they hit around 110 points, since no other top flight European side has ever done that. The media is quite pro Liverpool and they'll certainly push this narrative, whether its true or not is irrevelent.

After 26 games last season

3. Tottenham Hotspur: 26, +29, 60

4. Manchester United: 26, +17, 51

5. Arsenal: 26, +16, 50

6. Chelsea: 26, +16, 50

This season

3 Leicester 26, +28, 50

4 Chelsea 25, +9, 41

5 Tottenham 26, +9, 40

6 Sheffield United 26, +4, 39

Last edited:
The fact that 4th are about 10pts worse off than this time last year says it is a very poor standard this season

Apart from Liverpool the so called big 6 can barely put 2 good results together
Well like I say all our clubs are in next stage of Europe, last season we contested both the European finals.
Nothing wrong with standard Liverpool have simply blown the opposition away.
It must be that all of Europe are weak too.

Actually, the scousers won the world club cup too didn't they? Make that all of the world is rubbish.
Yes everything is shite just because Liverpool are butchering everthing in site :)

Well like I say all our clubs are in next stage of Europe, last season we contested both the European finals.
Nothing wrong with standard Liverpool have simply blown the opposition away.

Yes everything is shite just because Liverpool are butchering everthing in site :)
Massive slump by teams look above man

I hope it comes down to Goodison as its no lose for us:

We barely win a derby game anyway

They are already champions elect

We would go in as massive underdogs

BUT imagine we actually beat them...

1. Ending their unbeaten streak and prevented them becoming invincibles

2. Getting the derby hoodoo off our backs

Bring it on I say.
I remember when you ended their unbeaten run of 29 games years ago. Late 80's IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back