Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a feeling you''ll have aright good go at it cup tie style. Allison will be on top form 13-12 attempts on goal to Everton with a 1-4 reverse

I'll be quietly confident which I never normally am as our derby record is shite.

The 2 most in form teams in the league

2 young strikers banging goals in at present

Settled defence

Andre Gomes due back from injury in the next week or two

Pickford under pressure and needing a big game to win the doubters back over

Late kick off under the floodlights in a bearpit atmosphere

If football was that easy a script to write the bookies would be out of pocket marra!

I'll be quietly confident which I never normally am as our derby record is shite.

Settled defence

If football was that easy a script to write the bookies would be out of pocket marra!

Defence didnt look that settled when caving in 90 seconds against NUFC

Settled defence

I use matched betting :)

Know where you are coming from mate and you have to think they won't just keep winning. I was just coming from a Sunderland black humour perspective, as it's the kind of cynicism that gets indoctrinated with a failing club like ours.

I Remember being 3-1 up away to Wigan in the Prem at half time. Turned to may mate and said , we should at least get a point out this and he was like yeah I'd hope so. Martin McFadden was stood in front of us earwiging, and turned round to remark that we must have been watching Sunderland for a long time. ;)

Newcastle have to give a guard of honour to Jordan Henderson, in the words of Klopp ‘that’s great!’

We don't. We have to give it to Liverpool FC. The fact there is a Sunderland supporter in their team will make no difference whatsoever.

Had you played Blackburn, in their final game, would it have mattered that Shearer played for them?

I know, another thread on them. But...

Tonight they qualified for the Champions League with 12 games of the season left.

Tonight they completed the equivalent of a full season of 38 games with the record W35, D3, L0, F91, A22, GD+69, P108

if Man City get points at the same rate for the rest of the season as they have so far, then Liverpool need 1 more point for the title. If City win the lot then Liverpool need 5 wins.

Whatever your views of them as a club, all must admit that we are witnessing something special.

You’ve got to feel a little sorry for Everton fans, they must see the inevitable coming. If Liverpool beat West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth, and City fail to win at either Leicester or Man Utd, then Liverpool could win the league live on Monday Night Football at Goodison!
They're a fantastic team but this is a product of the widening gap in the premier league. Teams outside the top six just cant compete anymore. Tbh I find it a massively sad reflection on the state of the league rather than being amazed at their performance.

They're a fantastic team but this is a product of the widening gap in the premier league. Teams outside the top six just cant compete anymore. Tbh I find it a massively sad reflection on the state of the league rather than being amazed at their performance.
You are right, what with 2/3rds of the season gone and Chelsea below Leicester, Spurs below Sheffield Utd, Man Utd below Wolves, and Arsenal below Burnley. The gap between the top 2 and the rest is huge, but the gap between the top 6 and the rest is perhaps the closest it has been for years.

Tonight they qualified for the Champions League with 12 games of the season left.

Tonight they completed the equivalent of a full season of 38 games with the record W35, D3, L0, F91, A22, GD+69, P108

if Man City get points at the same rate for the rest of the season as they have so far, then Liverpool need 1 more point for the title. If City win the lot then Liverpool need 5 wins.

Whatever your views of them as a club, all must admit that we are witnessing something special.

You’ve got to feel a little sorry for Everton fans, they must see the inevitable coming. If Liverpool beat West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth, and City fail to win at either Leicester or Man Utd, then Liverpool could win the league live on Monday Night Football at Goodison!

I actually thought they were poor tonight in comparison to what has gone before. Their final ball was poor all night. The winter break seemed to have had a negative effect on them and they were not 'on it'. Still got the job done though, but surely when you are on a run as good as they are the last thing you want is a long break?

What they are doing statistically is mad. If they can sustain it over the full season then I would say it surpasses Man City winning the domestic quadrouple last season.

The fact City can do that one season and then Liverpool can do this the next shows how the gap between the haves and the have nots has widened massively though. Its actually worrying for the good of the game in England.

Last edited:

I think Liverpool winning the league is generally good for football. Aye, they've spent a lot of money, but they've also shown that you can bring in players from less fashionable clubs, or players who haven't reached the top of their game, and mould them into a top team. What? Robertson from Hull less than 10 million, Mane was at Southampton, Salah had been at Chelsea but didn't quite do it, Henderson not rated as being good enough for a top team. Gotta be better than the alternative: teams spending a fortune on players from the best clubs winning it.

Everton have been here before. 'Must have been worse back in the early '80s when Liverpool were so dominant and football meant more then. Loads of good Everton/Liverpool matches from the mid '80s when they were the two best teams in the country on You Tube.

There's an argument now they're potentially the greatest team ever, better than Brazil 1970, AC Milan 1989-1995, Barca 2009-2012.

No other team in top flight european football has achieved what they have achieved this season, literally ever.

They're probably going down as the greatest team ever in the history of the sport, don't think that's an understatement, certainly if they win the Champions league again this year.

I think Liverpool winning the league is generally good for football. Aye, they've spent a lot of money, but they've also shown that you can bring in players from less fashionable clubs, or players who haven't reached the top of their game, and mould them into a top team. What? Robertson from Hull less than 10 million, Mane was at Southampton, Salah had been at Chelsea but didn't quite do it, Henderson not rated as being good enough for a top team. Gotta be better than the alternative: teams spending a fortune on players from the best clubs winning it.

Everton have been here before. 'Must have been worse back in the early '80s when Liverpool were so dominant and football meant more then. Loads of good Everton/Liverpool matches from the mid '80s when they were the two best teams in the country on You Tube.

I remember Man Utd being linked with Mane, and fans going ballistic on Talksport (yeah, I know) as he wasn't good enough. Likewise Henderson was almost out the door (Fulham I think) under Rogers, Robertson left field, Gini W was hardly setting the world alight at the mags....Salah less so.

easiest Premier league for a long time at the top helped them

facing the worst Man United and Arsenal teams i decades, with Chelsea and Spurs also a lot worse then they have been lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back