Live streaming platform unveiled for global EFL fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky fuckers, we had none of this shit last season.

As you are one of the bigger clubs in The Championship you can expect that some of the bigger stream providers will be picking you up for use on their sites.

Yep, that's us.

Lucky fuckers.

So am I right in thinking around half of our games *might* be picked up by the streaming providers (i.e. the games involving clubs who have signed up).

Or am I completely wrong?

Glad we've not signed up. I'm actually looking forward to enjoying my Saturdays again.

Ahh but you won’t be saying that if we start winning more than once a month!

I think I got 1 game that wasn't shown on sky of ours last season over here on Bein sports

I just stream sky through a VPN as sometimes even the games on sky aren't shown on Bein.
I'm with streamtvbox and the last few weeks of the premier league I had to use a vpn to get a stream working. Through virgin btw. Not sure how the other providers were affected but it will become the norm. Wonder how long it'll take them to suss you're using a vpn because that'll be their next hurdle to tackle and they will.

A IP proxy should still get you access though. When New Zealand had the premier league rights a couple of seasons back I paid £10pm to watch every game live.

So am I right in thinking around half of our games *might* be picked up by the streaming providers (i.e. the games involving clubs who have signed up).

Our club will probably be offering our overseas fans the chance to pay to watch our matches.

I think all who have 'signed up' use the ifollow platform as their website.

Anyone who 'hasn't signed up' have an independent website platform (like us), therefore can stream it through their own site if they have the capability.

Hopefully they are having something built in to SAFSee to sign up to if we are not switching over, but would be like us to have left it too late.

With our fanbase I'd like to think we would blow everyone else out of the water financially ala Real/Barca in La Liga.

:lol:

Won't be much, if any, bigger than the likes of Derby, Sheffield Wed, Villa, Leeds, Bolton, Boro etc. If we get off to a shit start I'd imagine it will be under 30k

:lol:

Won't be much, if any, bigger than the likes of Derby, Sheffield Wed, Villa, Leeds, Bolton, Boro etc. If we get off to a shit start I'd imagine it will be under 30k

All things being equal, our support is far, far better than the likes of Boro/Bolton. The rest, aye, you're probably right.

Ahh but you won’t be saying that if we start winning more than once a month!

You sign upto your team, so would only get sunderland games anyway. The games will all be streamed, but just to those 2 clubs providers

I'm with streamtvbox and the last few weeks of the premier league I had to use a vpn to get a stream working. Through virgin btw. Not sure how the other providers were affected but it will become the norm. Wonder how long it'll take them to suss you're using a vpn because that'll be their next hurdle to tackle and they will.

Nah a VPN is perfectly legal used in daily global business life allowing users to remotely access terminals, sites etc from different locations

Been getting streamed for the last 10 years and the only thing to affect our attendances was piss poor performances.

This myth that people don't go to games when they can watch it at home is just that.

If we didn't have gutless players and a manager that could make Ghandi want to kill, they wouldn't drop.

You've had access to all 38 games for at least 3-4 years though so if that isn't available maybe the club think you'll get more punters through the door as that access won't be there.

Fans in the uk will still have access to live audio commentar

Gary cough cough Bennett :evil:

:rolleyes:

Fuck sake typical.... I thought we were skint so surely it's a good idea as will mean more income from TV rights

I was thinking of getting a long to the matches anyway this season as will have a car.

Will wait to see who our manager is first though before get a season ticket.

When will the football authorities get in to the 21st century

Why can someone with probably no affinity to safc watch every game

While die hards like me who don't gan away anymore can't
I like the 3 o'clock blackout. To me, they are right in that everybody would just stay in the house and watch Man United rather than go to watch, Hartlepool, Bury or whoever.

Been getting streamed for the last 10 years and the only thing to affect our attendances was piss poor performances.

This myth that people don't go to games when they can watch it at home is just that.

If we didn't have gutless players and a manager that could make Ghandi want to kill, they wouldn't drop.
You are assuming everybody has the access, ability to access and desire to break the law. Maybe for the kind of demographic on here that is true, but I don't think that is the case for a larger proportion of our fans than you'd think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back