Little known albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aztec Camera’s first album. High Land Hard Rain

Roddy Frame wrote these songs as a teenager. Immense album from the 80s and one on my all time favourites.

Well said. Would add in some of his solo stuff too: The North Star and Surf.

About time he released something again soon, hardly prolific but always well worth waiting for.

HMS Fable - Shack

Cracking album that although I think I prefer Waterpistol.

On the Shack/Mick Head theme: ‘The Magical World Of The Strands” is well worth a listen.

Last edited:
Well said. Would add in some of his solo stuff too: The North Star and Surf.

About time he released something again soon, hardly prolific but always well worth waiting for.

Cracking album that although I think I prefer Waterpistol.

On the Shack/Mick Head theme: ‘The Magical World Of The Strands” is well worth a listen.
Just ordered RF's solo catalogue plus the AC 2012 remasters.
Waterpistol and HMS are on a par musically but the latter's superior production edges it for me. Plus it has Comedy

Waterpistol and HMS are on a par musically but the latter's superior production edges it for me. Plus it has Comedy

I saw Frame a few years ago playing High Land Hard Rain in its entirety - cracking gig. He’s an outstanding guitarist, seen him live loads of times.

Not the most prolific in terms of releasing stuff but always well worth a listen.

I don’t know if you have Spotify but you can listen to a couple of live Roddy Frame albums: Live at Ronnie Scott’s (was at that) and Live In Osaka. Just him and his guitars, playing Aztec Camera and solo stuff. Well worth a listen.

I don’t know if you have Spotify but you can listen to a couple of live Roddy Frame albums: Live at Ronnie Scott’s (was at that) and Live In Osaka. Just him and his guitars, playing Aztec Camera and solo stuff. Well worth a listen.
Cheers mate. Got the free version, will give it a go

Still Love the vast majority of that era / sound.
A man called Adam - The Apple, was another favourite.
I'm always astonished when people don't know the Beloved- I played them none stop for about five years. Around the same time I was obsessed with One Dove- their only album, Morning Dove White. Absolutely class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back