Little known albums

Everyone had that back in the day - all the sunshine boys in their corduroy car coats for a start!

Chrome - Half Machine Lip Moves........ only me, my bro and Julian Cope know these!

I've still got the chrome album on vinyl, and on CD. So that's four of us.

Mary Margret O'Hara-Miss America.... just brilliant stuff

There's one song on there I really like (the name of which escapes me) but never took to the rest. I'll give it another spin.

The Complete Score from The Catherine Wheel - David Byrne
Very Talking Heads-like, I only ever knew one other person who'd heard it and he only had the abridged version

Best thing David Byrne did I think (other than My Life in the Bush of Ghosts with Eno).

Last edited:
Excellent taste Sinful. Still play this and Alien Soundtracks as frequently as anything else from back in the day and they still sound astonishing!

I can't think of anything that sounds like Half Machine Lip Moves. Some of their later stuff is good as well. And I recently for a chrome t-shirt off Santa.

This.

But for the sake of the thread, I'll nominate these:

Natural Life - Natural Life
Keziah Jones - Blufunk Is A Fact
Ojos De Brujo - Techarí Live
Sure I had the OJ’s de Brujo debut. Loved it ower in Spain, couldn’t stand it back home.

Nuggets - Original Artyfacts From the First Psychedelic Era 1965 - 68.

It's the best £40 I've ever spent. One of those life changing purchases.

Big Star - #1 Record
£40! Givower man.
Hasn’t everyone got them on the shelves?

HMS Fable - Shack
Saw em promoting it at KT Forum. When the lights went on at the end I realised I was standing reet next to Mick Jones. Nivver mentioned Wembley like.

Last edited:
Sure I had the OJ’s de Brujo debut. Loved it ower in Spain, couldn’t stand it back home.

£40! Givower man.
Hasn’t everyone got them on the shelves?

Saw em promoting it at KT Forum. When the lights went on at the end I realised I was standing reet next to Mick Jones. Nivver mentioned Wembley like.

£40 was for the 4 cd box set with a 150 page book.
Most people I've told about it since I bought it nearly 20 years ago haven't heard of it.

They're one of those bands that evolved over time into quite different versions of themselves a number of times. Techarí Live is their peak for me, like. Some of their albums are more poppy, some are more traditional, some are more electronic, but that live set is just the right balance for me.

‘Ai’ Hypnotone
‘The Four Cornered Room’ Luke Slater’s 7th Plain
‘Uh! Tears Baby (A Trash Icon)’ Win

Just gave Hypnotone a go. Wasn't fussed about the first hit in Google for "‘Ai’ Hypnotone" but this one from the same album is class...

No "full album" vid on YouTube. :evil:

Ah bollocks wrong link and it's too late to edit

Try again...

That Melvins album is cool too. :)

Last edited:
Death Western by Cat Scratch Fever
In The Falling Dark by Dave Mallett
Silencer by Zed

Also Jeff Lynne's first solo album Armchair Theatre is excellent if you like ELO, went under the radar a bit.

Back