Line of Duty series 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve finally given up on it. It’s just tedious now, albeit very well produced.

Sweet Mary Mother of God.....you’ve let your self down here fella......

so it seems :lol:

each to their own then...I actually thought it was superb tv, but then the writer seemed to be going for Hollywood type scenarios at end of previous season that ruined it for me... probably due to writers commercial success with Bodyguard (which I also thought was very poor) the writer has IMO continued that path with this new season on Line of Duty... but if it sells across the Atlantic then good for him. Won't be winning any Emmy's or Bafta's anymore though ;)

A kid had a Nottingham Forest scarf above his bed, so for this series I suppose it's Nottingham, although other series had indicators of other cities.

It’s not set anywhere in particular. The kid’s ma’ is from Nottingham (the actress still lives there iirc) so she probably had some say on that.

A kid had a Nottingham Forest scarf above his bed, so for this series I suppose it's Nottingham, although other series had indicators of other cities.

I'd guess that AC12 cover a fair old region. Filming wise, series 1 was shot in Birmingham and 2-4 in Belfast. I think the latter was to avoid a Midlands location.

Hang on mind. What about the laptop in Ted's hotel room? Had the exact same chat window open that Stephen Graham's character was using to talk to the 'Unknown Source'. He got a ping message as he was flicking through his divorce papers!

I don't think she fingered Hastings, that would be too obvious tbh. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, some folks would twist on 21 ffs ! :lol:

:eek:

Reminded me of Rodney Marsh's quote...

"The thing you have to remember is that Alf Ramsey and I came from the same place.

We were both cockneys. The other thing is that Alf tended to speak in a very poncey plum-in-the-mouth way. It was all "Oh hello Rodney and how are you?".

To me it was all complete bollocks. The last time I was picked by him for England we had a team talk before the game and Alf told me we all had to work harder. "Rodney you in particular," he said in his accent.

Then he said: "if you don't work hard I'm going to pull you off at half time." And I said: "Christ, at Man City all we get is a cup of tea and an orange."

Nobody laughed. And not only that, but it was the last time I ever got picked. "

Superb.

No way it's Ted, he has financial trouble.. "Mr Big" wouldn't have such troubles.

Still reckon Stephen Graham is a wrang 'un and is trying to fit Ted up..Mother of God!

Agree with this. Steve is that gormless he can't see that Corbett is playing him.

Hang on mind. What about the laptop in Ted's hotel room? Had the exact same chat window open that Stephen Graham's character was using to talk to the 'Unknown Source'. He got a ping message as he was flicking through his divorce papers!

aye, I spotted that also , like others have said its still a good watch, even though becoming increasingly far fetched

I think the quality of writing has slipped from previous series and the dialogue etc is a bit 'obvious', almost dumbed down. Nowhere near as bad as Bodyguard and I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt due to the previous series and the inclusion of Stephen Graham.
I sometimes feel they rely too heavily on twists and a lot of it makes no sense.
Entertaining up to now but as others have said, H fatigue could be setting in. If Ted was head of a criminal organisation as is hinted, he wouldn't be wanking into a Travelodge menu every night.

I think the quality of writing has slipped from previous series and the dialogue etc is a bit 'obvious', almost dumbed down. Nowhere near as bad as Bodyguard and I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt due to the previous series and the inclusion of Stephen Graham.
I sometimes feel they rely too heavily on twists and a lot of it makes no sense.
Entertaining up to now but as others have said, H fatigue could be setting in. If Ted was head of a criminal organisation as is hinted, he wouldn't be wanking into a Travelodge menu every night.
I missed that scene...?

The actress is a big Forest fan so reckon you are right enough there. Plus in the first episode when Arnott got that Tinder alert on his phone - the lass he rejected was his real life wife.

She’s a County Fan, the lad in the show is actually her nephew. He’s a forest fan as is her other half who works for Forest. Hence the scarf in this episode and the mug in a previous episode.

Not that it matters like but it’s being spoken about down here, the Derby fans aren’t happy.:lol:

Maybe he really likes lasagne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back