Line of Duty series 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

So who really is 'H' ?

still sticking with that Tommy (Hunter) from season one... supposed to be dead in season 2 (but that's farcical set of circs and nobody ID'ed the body) and if one thing is certain it is NOT Ted Hastings :rolleyes:
the writer Mercurio lost the plot with The Bodyguard (and since season 3 of LoD spends way too much time writing to create cliffhanger finales to every episode he writes!)... my guess is that his police advisors all come from the Met and their Walter Mitty lifestyles :lol:

still sticking with that Tommy (Hunter) from season one... supposed to be dead in season 2 (but that's farcical set of circs and nobody ID'ed the body) and if one thing is certain it is NOT Ted Hastings :rolleyes:
the writer Mercurio lost the plot with The Bodyguard (and since season 3 of LoD spends way too much time writing to create cliffhanger finales to every episode he writes!)... my guess is that his police advisors all come from the Met and their Walter Mitty lifestyles :lol:

Was he the golf dude? If so, I suggested him to the missus earlier. That PR bint will be his accomplice like, she mentioned she used to be a defence lawyer.

Whereas I think there's been some dumbing down after the move from bbc2 to bbc1, I'm still finding it watchable. And I'm especially enjoying Gill Bigelow's scenes with Ted.

H obviously isn't someone with a surname starting with an H.

I also feel guilty for being fascinated with that Brandyce wifie's ears.

Was he the golf dude? If so, I suggested him to the missus earlier. That PR bint will be his accomplice like, she mentioned she used to be a defence lawyer.

yep... he arranged that previous character 'the cabbie' got promoted through ranks...a freemason... never got convicted at end of season one because he became an informant... then 2 years later (season 2) its supposed to be him transported in convoy in middle of night to give evidence??? … burnt body taken to hospital... nobody from previous ops recognizes him because 'he is in bandages' :rolleyes:… then gets killed and a 'report' suddenly tells all who will listen it was Tommy Hunter... aye, of course (if they have that many corrupt cops knocking around then that report is easy to create) … in mean time Tommy (the only proper violent killer in entire series) is living it large in Spain... may have even got Kate her fast track promotions?... either way, farcical writing by Mercurio ;)

... Steve to break out Hastings and go on the run from the all female police force?....

:lol:

that's the BBC though these days... if they can, every role to a female... political correctness rules and all female roles ensure the viewers start thinking there are no bad role models with casting females in charge... hilarious how society changes so much in such a short time to overcompensate that it becomes absurd... I would hate to be a female right now who was actually good at their job! ...they must love Mercurio… maybe why he got his series moved to BBC1 ?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
This last episode is going to piss me right off, I can feel it.

Right now it's hard to challenge the theory that putting it on BBC1 has ruined this programme.

The decline really started as soon as it went onto BBC1 as well. The drop-off in quality was obvious as Series 3 went on but they looked as though they might just have been able to salvage that series with 2 brilliant interrogation scenes in the last episode until Dot received that text message and the show well and truly jumped the shark in the 10-15 minutes that followed

The decline really started as soon as it went onto BBC1 as well. The drop-off in quality was obvious as Series 3 went on but they looked as though they might just have been able to salvage that series with 2 brilliant interrogation scenes in the last episode until Dot received that text message and the show well and truly jumped the shark in the 10-15 minutes that followed
Couldn't agree more.

with your so called history degree? - I bet you were great at your job? :rolleyes: (see Scottish ref thread when you decided to patronize me with your super duper knowledge and degree)… do they still do refunds so many years later?.. I guess not :lol:
You think people with degrees can’t join the police or something?

You patronised me with utter shite anecdotal Horrible History level stuff mate. If I’m going to patronise someone I’d rather do it with some degree of accuracy at least.

Still reckon H is a dead bloke, on topic?

Last edited:
Whereas I think there's been some dumbing down after the move from bbc2 to bbc1, I'm still finding it watchable. And I'm especially enjoying Gill Bigelow's scenes with Ted.

H obviously isn't someone with a surname starting with an H.

I also feel guilty for being fascinated with that Brandyce wifie's ears.
She looked like an elf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back