Line of Duty series 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

The very end of this all is surely going to involve the perpetrator requesting to be questioned by an officer at least one rank superior, and this not being possible.

Aye after he’d been pensioned off on full disability :lol:
He'll never have been disabled and his cane will be a shotgun.

Surprised they took him out with half the series left like!
Danny went in episode 2 of series 3 and he was a red herring. Will be the same again.

Last edited:
The very end of this all is surely going to involve the perpetrator requesting to be questioned by an officer at least one rank superior, and this not being possible.

He'll never have been disabled and his cane will be a shotgun.

Danny went in episode 2 of series 3 and he was a red herring. Will be the same again.

God yeah he did, didn’t he. I’d forgotten that.

Just a pity as I think Stephen Graham is another fantastic actor.

He was brilliant in the first series. They've had some very good guest actors in the show - him, Keely Hawes, Daniel Mays, Thandie Newton and now Stephen Graham.
Hawes was head and shoulders the best. Play Denton magnificently, and the character was really well written.

In contrast, I thought Newton's character was appallingly written and any amount of good acting couldn't have saved that stinker of a series.

God yeah he did, didn’t he. I’d forgotten that.

Just a pity as I think Stephen Graham is another fantastic actor.
Do you reckon? I want to like him but I find that he generally plays himself - angry screwed-up face, a bit tortured, pointing a lot in people's faces. His Corbett wasn't that far away from his Combo IMO.

Last edited:
Hawes was head and shoulders the best. Play Denton magnificently, and the character was really well written.

In contrast, I thought Newton's character was appallingly written and any amount of good acting couldn't have saved that stinker of a series.

Do you reckon? I want to like him but I find that he generally plays himself - angry screwed-up face, a bit tortured, pointing a lot in people's faces. His Corbett wasn't that far away from his Combo IMO.

I agree about Keeley Hawes and Thandie Newton. Think she was wasted as Roz Huntley and that other lass was rubbish who was her little protege.

I’ve never seen This is England but I’ve seen him in a few other things and really rate him. He was fantastic in Save Me and Little Boy Blue.

I agree about Keeley Hawes and Thandie Newton. Think she was wasted as Roz Huntley and that other lass was rubbish who was her little protege.

I’ve never seen This is England but I’ve seen him in a few other things and really rate him. He was fantastic in Save Me and Little Boy Blue.
Maybe I'm being harsh, I've not seen those so will take a look.

And don't even talk to me about Jodie. I could write a PhD thesis about how much I hate that one.

I did feel some sympathy for the Stephen Graham character, unlike Thandie Newton's character - which was my issue with last series. But then I find her rather expressionless as an actor anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back