Lidl versus Aldi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why not?

Do some good deals, I'll still get certain things at a bigger supermarket but they have some cracking deals.

I prefer to get one shop in every couple of weeks and pick up fruit and veg from the grocer. Mrs Cruze works at Asda so we get 10% off

The local Lidl does mini-stotties and pease pudding (which seems rare outside the North East).

However, the local ALDI does almond milk, cacao, chia seeds, maca, quinoa, spirulina, supergreens, pea and hemp protein.

So it is a close run thing, really.

Personally I prefer Aldi - maybe it depends on the stuff you like. Lidl have some decent stuff as well - but they just seem a bit tattier (maybe because they've been around longer up here than Aldi).

Lidl wins on beer and owt else.
beer is better in aldi in my humble one...

which is better ?
i shop at each for different things... lidl is better for the bakery & their meat... aldi is better for some of their own brand ranges, over lidl - and aldi's beer & wine is better i think.

i think lidl gets better flash sale stuff in though... but aldi's bike stuff is kanny anarl...

Apart from when people pick up the buns, squeeze them then put them back thinking no one has seen how much of a meth they are.

:lol:
those metal tongs - such a waste on the customers....

Last edited:
I can't tell the difference between the two.

And I mean it, I still ask the wife what the one is called next to ours all the time (opposite Morrisons at Doxy), and because she's not here to ask, I don't know so can't tell you.

Why not?

Do some good deals, I'll still get certain things at a bigger supermarket but they have some cracking deals.

If you compare like for like, they're no cheaper than other stores. They look cheaper as they compare their own brands with brand names.

They don't sell everything that I regularly buy so I still have to go elsewhere.

I hate the checkout. I'd rather pack bags as it's scanned. Given the queues and the time it takes to go through the checkout then bag everything at the shelf, it's no quicker than the other supermarkets.

They don't sell everything that I regularly buy so I still have to go elsewhere.
i've gone from one shop a week, to little & often from various places...

I hate the checkout. I'd rather pack bags as it's scanned. Given the queues and the time it takes to go through the checkout then bag everything at the shelf, it's no quicker than the other supermarkets.
i much prefer it, now. when i go back to asda or savacentre it does my nappa in how slow they are at scanning stuff - i want it fired through - although i see your point that the overall process is probably the same time wise it just feels like you're moving through quicker.

If you compare like for like, they're no cheaper than other stores. They look cheaper as they compare their own brands with brand names.

Self scanners at Lidl now though, game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back