Leeds United served with winding-up petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I miss the games with Leeds. Despite the rivalry and in some cases hatred, they have a proper team and fanbase. I hope they get out of this and eventually get back up as the games v them were cracking games.

Anyone who ever visited Elland Road in the 60s 70s 80s or 90s will testify. The rivalry is real and was long before and after 1973. Most of us will have witnessed away days at Leeds and been a part of 5,000-10,000+ turnouts - I for one miss those days. Mind you, such is their fancies if worst came to the worst they could easily cover that with a whip round!! - Big club fallen on hard times with a large passionate support - even if they have their share of idiots (who doesn't?)

I actually feel sorry for the fans. They are just like us. We are all Northerners trying to do well for the fans. I blame businessman Ken Bates for the turmoil and debt the club was and still is, in. I bet he's not down to his last £150K

I actually feel sorry for the fans. They are just like us. We are all Northerners trying to do well for the fans. I blame businessman Ken Bates for the turmoil and debt the club was and still is, in. I bet he's not down to his last £150K
The club was in a mess before Bates arrived, he didn't cause the problems but he didn't improve anything either, other than his bank balance

Absolutely hate Leeds with a passion. But, I would hate to see them go out of business and would much prefer to have them up in the Premier League along with the Boro over and above the likes of Crystal Palace, Reading et al so we can continue have games with intense rivalry and also a strong northern presence in the league.

Winding up Petitions are basically the footballing equivalent of getting a final notice through the door...nowt will come of it

I miss the games with Leeds. Despite the rivalry and in some cases hatred, they have a proper team and fanbase. I hope they get out of this and eventually get back up as the games v them were cracking games.

Anyone who ever visited Elland Road in the 60s 70s 80s or 90s will testify. The rivalry is real and was long before and after 1973. Most of us will have witnessed away days at Leeds and been a part of 5,000-10,000+ turnouts - I for one miss those days. Mind you, such is their fancies if worst came to the worst they could easily cover that with a whip round!! - Big club fallen on hard times with a large passionate support - even if they have their share of idiots (who doesn't?)
I agree with all of this but don't understand the bit in bold.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back