Leeds United served with winding-up petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
if don revie was looking down from heaven.................

oh sorry i forgot he went to hell for being a dirty cheating bastard who tried to bribe smaller clubs for leeds wins

and then created the dirtiest team in history

their fans have always been rancid

fold the fcking club up and they can all watch rugby league

leeds are the puss in the pimple of the ugliest spot on an arsehole

time for them to be lanced!

Saw an interview years ago with David O Leary about Leeds troubles, being in the Champions League semis then in mega debt, he said whenever he wanted to buy someone he went to the chairman and said can i buy this player that player and the chairman (Peter Risdale), never said no, so who's at fault??

if don revie was looking down from heaven.................

oh sorry i forgot he went to hell for being a dirty cheating bastard who tried to bribe smaller clubs for leeds wins

and then created the dirtiest team in history

their fans have always been rancid

fold the fcking club up and they can all watch rugby league

leeds are the puss in the pimple of the ugliest spot on an arsehole

time for them to be lanced!
Quality answer with raw feeling and I was moved to tears

Saw an interview years ago with David O Leary about Leeds troubles, being in the Champions League semis then in mega debt, he said whenever he wanted to buy someone he went to the chairman and said can i buy this player that player and the chairman (Peter Risdale), never said no, so who's at fault??
In my view the fans are victims just as much as we have been over the years. I cannot think of one fan who would not have wished to have been on that Ridsdale ride when it happened and to have a manager as successful as Don Revie was for them. I would tolerate the hatred and jealousy at the top being the best team in the country. And all this tosh about being the dirtiest team in the Leage with Hunter, Bremner, Giles and others. Well they were a ball winning, passing, goal scoring side of winners. We never complained when Bally got stuck in nor about Lee Clark or Alex Rae or Cattermole.

Legal bill from the Days of Ken Bates.. No wonder Cellino don´t want to pay it :lol:

Ah dear old Ken Bates .Former Life President of Leeds and then it appears a unseemly argument about a payment for his private jet. In years to come I am sure that Leeds fans will build a statue for him outside of where ever they are playing at the time.

In my view the fans are victims just as much as we have been over the years. I cannot think of one fan who would not have wished to have been on that Ridsdale ride when it happened and to have a manager as successful as Don Revie was for them. I would tolerate the hatred and jealousy at the top being the best team in the country. And all this tosh about being the dirtiest team in the Leage with Hunter, Bremner, Giles and others. Well they were a ball winning, passing, goal scoring side of winners. We never complained when Bally got stuck in nor about Lee Clark or Alex Rae or Cattermole.

You mention 3 but it was all 11. George Best said that the quietly spoken Paul Reaney was the worst. Alan Clarke, Jack Charlton, Mick Jones, Terry Yorath all pretty rough. Bally wasn't as dirty a player as the above IMO & nowhere near the 3 you mention.

You mention 3 but it was all 11. George Best said that the quietly spoken Paul Reaney was the worst. Alan Clarke, Jack Charlton, Mick Jones, Terry Yorath all pretty rough. Bally wasn't as dirty a player as the above IMO & nowhere near the 3 you mention.
You missed Giles,Bremner,Hunter,Cherry,Bell,Cooper.

I'm just making the point that they were winners who played good football at the time. They were years ahead in preparation and professionalism than we've ever been. to be honest I wish we had a lot more fight in our team right from the back to the front. Can you imagine Connor Wickham playing like Joe Jordan or Mick Jones? That's what we need. Now we've got Cattermole who would have been a shadow of Bremner and Giles for dirty play so the game has changed a great deal and you can hardly tackle. But they were very skillful players too with the likes of Clark, Cooper, Giles etc.

But there are still teams now who press and win the ball in order to play football. Too often we stand back and try to stem the tide instead of being on the front foot and closing the opposing team down all together as a team. I think that's what we did at the end of last season in our short vein of winning games.

Leeds of old were winners and a very skillful side but they did take their gamesmanship a bit too far and unnecessarily so because they were better players than that. That's what really annoyed a lot of people particularly Cloughie of course. He may have disliked their approach to the game but he must have seen that they were very good footballers.

I'm just making the point that they were winners who played good football at the time. They were years ahead in preparation and professionalism than we've ever been. to be honest I wish we had a lot more fight in our team right from the back to the front. Can you imagine Connor Wickham playing like Joe Jordan or Mick Jones? That's what we need. Now we've got Cattermole who would have been a shadow of Bremner and Giles for dirty play so the game has changed a great deal and you can hardly tackle. But they were very skillful players too with the likes of Clark, Cooper, Giles etc.

But there are still teams now who press and win the ball in order to play football. Too often we stand back and try to stem the tide instead of being on the front foot and closing the opposing team down all together as a team. I think that's what we did at the end of last season in our short vein of winning games.
I'm just imagining the brown envelopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back