Leeds United served with winding-up petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is true, I'm surprised , probably because when I was in my formative football years they were one of the most successful clubs in Britain although everybody hated them . I suppose it's like my dad (90) is shocked if Huddersfield Town get beat by Liverpool .

Yeah, they went up and down from division one an two until the late 60s and the 70s when Revie was manager, then they were relegated in the 80s but won the league again with Wilko. Basically they had 17 year spell in the top-flight when they were challenging for domestic and European honours but not much else.

This is sad news for a great club

which great club is bothered about Leeds?

It won't happen. Can't take any joy in this like, fans are the ones who suffer.

Leeds 'fans' don't suffer enough.

Absolutely hate Leeds with a passion. But, I would hate to see them go out of business and would much prefer to have them up in the Premier League along with the Boro over and above the likes of Crystal Palace, Reading et al so we can continue have games with intense rivalry and also a strong northern presence in the league.

I actually agree with this, but just wish the horrible agro seeking bastards were barred from attending any of their games (home or away).

Last edited:
Absolutely hate Leeds with a passion. But, I would hate to see them go out of business and would much prefer to have them up in the Premier League along with the Boro over and above the likes of Crystal Palace, Reading et al so we can continue have games with intense rivalry and also a strong northern presence in the league.

Agree, add Forest n Shef We'd to that list for me too.

jesus christ, my big bro will be gutted if they go under :confused::lol:

If they do wind up then the waiting list for season tickets at the Dome will increase to ridiculous numbers.
The toon could move to Elland road and Mike could make a killing doing a deal with Morrisons or Tesco
Or would this piss the mags off?

LUFC engender no sympathy from me. The club has been run appallingly, they are now a bit of a laughing stock and coupled with their fans being complete fuckwits I fail too see why many people wont revel in this.

Yeah, they went up and down from division one an two until the late 60s and the 70s when Revie was manager, then they were relegated in the 80s but won the league again with Wilko. Basically they had 17 year spell in the top-flight when they were challenging for domestic and European honours but not much else.

There is not much else apart from domestic & European. I think they got promoted with us in 64 & for many consecutive years finished 4th ot higher. In 69 they won the title with the 3 pt for a win equivalent of 94 pts from 42 games. They were good enough not to cheat, but cheat they did. They were also very dirty & no-one liked them.

There is not much else apart from domestic & European. I think they got promoted with us in 64 & for many consecutive years finished 4th ot higher. In 69 they won the title with the 3 pt for a win equivalent of 94 pts from 42 games. They were good enough not to cheat, but cheat they did. They were also very dirty & no-one liked them.

They were promoted in 64 and relegated in 82 and in between they were one of the best teams in the country and got into a Cup Winner's Cup final and European Cup final then won the league again in 92, all while being one of the dirtiest and least liked teams in the country. Before and after that they haven't spent that many years in the top flight despite all their success.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/SEASONS-IN-TOP-FLIGHT----1888-89-to-2009-10.html

It always amazes me how many on here are dirty Leeds sympathisers.
They are a no mark club, won very little, have dick head fans a plenty, snapped opposition players legs for fun including our own & even bribed a referee.
The sooner they go bust the better.

It always amazes me how many on here are dirty Leeds sympathisers.
They are a no mark club, won very little, have dick head fans a plenty, snapped opposition players legs for fun including our own & even bribed a referee.
The sooner they go bust the better.

I don't detect much sympathy. I think the attempted bribery of Stokoe before he came to SAFC sums up what their people were sanctioned to get away with.

In 2006 we were on holiday in Kefalonia and got friendly with a family from Leeds. The Dad was a big fan, season tkt holder for years.
At that time, Quinny was in talks to take over our club with Drumaville and every morning I went down to the paper shop to read the latest installment as there was a deadline in place and I really wanted Quinny to be in charge of us.
This Leeds gadgy thought it was hilarious, that we needed a gang of Irishmen to bail us out, he honestly thought of Leeds as the b all and end all and we were feck all, a joke of a club. He regaled me on a daily basis as to how they would be in the Premier and we would be in League 2 very shortly.
We were a joke in his eyes and Leeds were still in the same big club bracket as Man United.
I kept the peace for the sake of my missus and his family but I have to be honest, when I think of the shit Leeds are in I chuckle and think Karma, you ignorant Yorkshire twat.
What I would give to meet him now.
I wish Leeds nothing but bad luck.

My parents met Trevor Cherry's parents on holiday in Italy in the mid 70s. My Dad said he mentioned the cup final a couple of times.

If that is true, I'm surprised , probably because when I was in my formative football years they were one of the most successful clubs in Britain although everybody hated them . I suppose it's like my dad (90) is shocked if Huddersfield Town get beat by Liverpool .

They were barely in the top flight before the sixties and have been out of it for prolonged periods both in the 80s and obviously at present. Doesn't surprise me that Boro have spent longer in the top flight nor do I think they will be the only smaller club to have done it more than Leeds.

They were barely in the top flight before the sixties and have been out of it for prolonged periods both in the 80s and obviously at present. Doesn't surprise me that Boro have spent longer in the top flight nor do I think they will be the only smaller club to have done it more than Leeds.
They had two good spells as a club - one in the 60's/early to mid 70's and the second as we know around about the formation of the PL when they won the title again. Other than that they have been mainly dogshit from their formation - which lets remember was as late as 1919.

I know a bloke who is a Leeds season ticket holder. He works in West Yorkshire. I used to have to go down too see him with work for various bits and pieces and we would always get round to talking about football. It was like taking to a Mag x 2. He thought fuckall of us and once said that he was baffled why everyone else didnt follow Leeds United as well. He seemed to think that they were the be all and end all. I used to hate talking to the fucker about football. Lovely bloke until it got onto the subject of football and all of a sudden he turned into an absolute arsehole.

Also given the reputation of the Leeds United fans I have no idea why anyone would say "I feel sorry for their fans" - as people sometimes say on here. They are, IMHO, the dregs of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back