Leeds throwing away promotion to the big boys league

Status
Not open for further replies.

No worse than fans of most clubs at the time.
Selective memories - Sunderland supporters 'had their moments' too, as did fans of most clubs.
:eek::eek:

You've got to be f***ing kidding me, comparing our fans with them!

If you're so 'wise', then how about you describe some of the nasty pasty Leeds fans antics.
Starting with the European cup final riot, then there were riots at West Brom when they got relegated, Oxford when they stuffed them 5-1, and of course Bournemouth, off the top of my head. I'm sure there were others, including at least one death of a fan.

In contrast, our away support has normally been praised for good behaviour.

Last edited:
:eek::eek:

You've got to be f***ing kidding me, comparing our fans with them!

Starting with the European cup final riot, then there were riots at West Brom when they got relegated, Oxford when they stuffed them 5-1, and of course Bournemouth, off the top of my head. I'm sure there were others, including at least one death of a fan.

In contrast, our away support has normally been praised for good behaviour.

Yes well, I'm a Boro fan , and I've seen Sunderland fans in action -at both Ayresome and Roker (admittedly Boro have been just as bad over the years too, which is kind of my point).

As for the Leeds fans 'rioting' , of course i'm not condoning (or denying) that things have gone on in the past, and i'm not saying that Leeds fans are all 'angels' - but from the periods you mentioned - not many clubs can say their fans were ALL well behaved (including Sunderland I dare to say).
English clubs were banned from European competition, remember.

On the subject of your away support being praised for their behaviour, I wouldn't doubt it - but our support has a similarly good name.
Doesn't mean to say that we (and you) dont have our/your fair share of people intent on causing trouble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back