Leeds throwing away promotion to the big boys league

Apparently so , don't get the 'Leeds hate' thing myself.
Find it quite ironic that a supporter of a club in League one is going on about Leeds being in the 'lower leagues' ie the Championship.
And someone else on this thread called Leeds fans 'deluded'.
Check your history , Bobby Collins ended mcpheat's career , kerr suffered broken leg v leeds , revie was a bent fucker , all of this pre 1973 , Leeds fans are a bunch of arrogant fuckers , no rush to see them back in the premier , similar to the mags , if they get promoted , it will be a Leeds love in

I've met plenty of deluded Sunderland fans who can't get past the fact we won a cup 46 years ago, to be fair. As if it had any bearing on 2019.
There probably is a fair few , although plenty of Leeds fans who still resent us winning in 73 , brought up in Yorkshire , good mates who support leeds , but I would like to see them enjoy a few more seasons below the premier League

Last edited:

It’s one of those things mate, you either get it or you don’t. If it needs an explanation then you don’t get it. I can understand how it may seem odd them being a league above, but if they’d just shelve the entitlement then they might not get half as much prop as they do. They are mostly wankers. We don’t like them, in case it’s escaped your attention, and they hate boro anarl, they pretty much hate everyone and that is and always will be their Achilles heel.
I do 'get it' in the way that you say - tbh most Boro fans feel the same way (about Leeds), I just don't think they're as 'bad' as made out to be.
Maybe i'm just getting old and can't be arsed with all this 'hate' stuff

Check your history , Bobby Collins ended mcpheat's career , kerr suffered broken leg v leeds , revie was a bent fucker , all of this pre 1973 , Leeds fans are a bunch of arrogant fuckers , no rush to see them back in the premier , similar to the mags , if they get promoted , it will be a Leeds love in

Well said that man

Any self respecting Sunderland fan will hate Leeds, Coventry and Newcastle.

The Leeds thing goes back to the 60's - if you remember that it's not so unreasonable.

Having said that - I don't like gloating over others misfortunes - at least until we get ourselves over the line - it's tempting fate.
Exactly scumbags all three.

It’s the 4th biggest city in England and has one team. (For comparison Newcastle and
Sunderland are 18th & 19th) If you ask me the crowds they get are utter shite.
The Greater Leeds Metropolitan area has a population of 2.75 million.
They’re a one club city, they even have the biggest city in England without a professional football club just a few miles away.
In their history they’ve never averaged 40,000 in a season, and people still try to say they’re a “massively” supported club.

My mam, for example.
Ouch!!! At least it wasn't your gran.

Apparently so , don't get the 'Leeds hate' thing myself.
Find it quite ironic that a supporter of a club in League one is going on about Leeds being in the 'lower leagues' ie the Championship.
And someone else on this thread called Leeds fans 'deluded'.
Leeds fans were almost as vile as Millwall and Chelsea in the 80s. And don't forget unashamedly cheating Revie.

Last edited:
Ouch!!! At least it wasn't your gran.

Leeds fans were almost as vile as Millwall and Chelsea in the 80s. And don't forget unashamedly cheating Revie.

No worse than fans of most clubs at the time.
Selective memories - Sunderland supporters 'had their moments' too, as did fans of most clubs.

They should be one of the biggest supported clubs in Europe really.
Why should they?
What's with the weird obsession on attendance figures?

Last edited:
No worse than fans of most clubs at the time.
Selective memories - Sunderland supporters 'had their moments' too, as did fans of most clubs.

Why should they?
What's with the weird obsession on attendance figures?
Colossal catchment area. Lots of places in West Yorkshire don’t have a professional football club either.

Praybtell oh great wise one these incidents
It's a well known fact that 'football hooliganism' was rife all over the country back then.
If you're so 'wise', then how about you describe some of the nasty pasty Leeds fans antics.
Colossal catchment area. Lots of places in West Yorkshire don’t have a professional football club either.
Oh that old Chestnut - the one that Boro fans 'aren't allowed' to use.
Besides, the good people of West Yorkshire don't all HAVE to be football fans

It's a well known fact that 'football hooliganism' was rife all over the country back then.
If you're so 'wise', then how about you describe some of the nasty pasty Leeds fans antics.

Oh that old Chestnut - the one that Boro fans 'aren't allowed' to use.
Besides, the good people of West Yorkshire don't all HAVE to be football fans
Not sure why you let it bother you so much, I think a lot of the criticisms of Leeds come about because the media often make a big song and dance about their support.

Back