Leeds Bradford Airport Closed Due To Plane Skidding Off Runway

Flying into Leeds/Bradford today. At airport now and at least 3 hours late. I think they are sending an empty plane out for us.
Short runway isn’t it? I’ll not travel from there, I’m a rubbish flyer, heard too many tales of bad take offs and landings.
Always fly from there myself. Never had any problems.
Still no confirmation of if we are being diverted, or flying at all.
Where you flying from?

Last edited:
Flying into Leeds/Bradford today. At airport now and at least 3 hours late. I think they are sending an empty plane out for us.

Always fly from there myself. Never had any problems.

Where you flying from?
Reus.

Jet2 don’t seem to know what’s happening.

Reus website says delayed until 16:41 but Leeds are saying nowt.

On the way to the airport now so will see what happens.

Reus.

Jet2 don’t seem to know what’s happening.

Reus website says delayed until 16:41 but Leeds are saying nowt.

On the way to the airport now so will see what happens.
I’m in Rhodes. Just got a text saying hoping to reopen Leeds at 1400. That’s went from 1000 then 1100.

They have this stuff at the end of the runway which slows the plane down and works like the escape lane that lorries would use. Hopefully that was in place. Of all the plane accidents stopping ten yards late is about the best you can hope for.

Never mind didn't see the pics. Maybe the pilot was pissed
On some quick amateur sleuthing via flight radar, landing speed looks typical. My guess is they aqua planed.
Does anyone know if the spoilers automatically retract at a certain speed?
Spoilers won’t auto retract unless thrust levers advanced beyond a certain point. Unlikely in this case.

I’m in Rhodes. Just got a text saying hoping to reopen Leeds at 1400. That’s went from 1000 then 1100.
Just got here and it’s at least a 4 hour delay but until the airport opens they don’t know if it will be diverted.

They gave a 15 euro voucher each for food so that’s fair enough I guess

Just got here and it’s at least a 4 hour delay but until the airport opens they don’t know if it will be diverted.

They gave a 15 euro voucher each for food so that’s fair enough I guess
Changed our flight from Thursday to today an arl as better times 🙄

Changed our flight from Thursday to today an arl as better times 🙄
Nightmare. Just hoping we do end up at Leeds rather than having to get the kids from brum or Manchester back to Leeds and then back up north after.

Should have just flown from Newcastle :lol:

Nightmare. Just hoping we do end up at Leeds rather than having to get the kids from brum or Manchester back to Leeds and then back up north after.

Should have just flown from Newcastle :lol:
Just been unlucky that’s all. We’re now expected to land at 1900 so surely they can get sorted in next 8 hours.

Ours has just been changed from departure at 16:40 to 6pm. Original departure should have been 13:25
We were due to leave at 1325. Changed flight so got up straight to airport and away. We usually have night flights. Now 1645. If we got to Leeds about 7 I’d be happy.

We were due to leave at 1325. Changed flight so got up straight to airport and away. We usually have night flights. Now 1645. If we got to Leeds about 7 I’d be happy.
Still all to plan?

Airport is open now and we are more or less confirmed for 6:30. Probably as good as it could have been.

Match in the airport it is

Still all to plan?

Airport is open now and we are more or less confirmed for 6:30. Probably as good as it could have been.

Match in the airport it is
1655 for us now. So probably stick an hour on that. At least be going to Leeds so that’s main thing 👍

I’m going off local time.

Back