Lee Johnson

Underwhelmed with the prospective appointments of Speakman and Johnson. However gotta believe in the new system. So clean slate from me, let's see what is implemented moving forward. Change was needed and we have change.

Johnson has obviously accepted working within the new structure which has proved a stumbling block. Bit of a mixed bag as a coach with some very complimentary and others not so much, wonder which camp Bailey Wright falls into?

Anyway with the mooted continental boardroom changes I didn't expect Birmingham and Bristol City would be the pathway to the AoL but both must have ticked the boxes for the interview panel, whoever that was!
Why with Speakman? He seems to be arriving with a very good reputation.

You know exactly why fans will be depressed by this appointment. He has never got in the play offs. He has a poor win record. He was sacked by Bristol City because he was backed financially but still failed to get in the play offs.

My question is do the club know the views of the fans? Do they care that this appointment will be so badly received?

For me it signals the end. As I keep mentioning I have had a season ticket since 1990. I went away to matches the last time we were in the 3rd Division. I have backed the club with 3 season tickets each of the 3 demoralizing seasons in League One. But Johnson's appointment would be the end for me. Assuming we don't go up with him I wont renew. I just cant put eith the mediocrity and failure of this regime. It is actually no fun at all supporting Sunderland. And this appointment wpuld epitomise thr failure of Donald's tenure - our eorst period in 141 years.

You won’t be the only one mate, guaranteed. It’s an absolute shit show

fair does mate, can't agree, failed twice at this level already
Aye come on mate with Oldham and Barnsley. Is keeping them up and around mid table at their natural level (or maybe above their level for Oldham) failure? No fan of his and not excited by this at all. But failure in league one is strong, given the context.

The poster @Summerbee is 100% connected to the club IMO, been bigging Johnson up all week. Not sure if it's Sloanes or not but he definitely knows things.

Has slated Mcgeady for months saying he shouldn't be near the squad until today when he's said he's buzzing he's back in the squad.

Slated Cowley for months (at one point calling him a modern day Paul Sturrock) until we were linked with him then went to great lengths that say how good he is.

It's pathetic.

Has slated Mcgeady for months saying he shouldn't be near the squad until today when he's said he's buzzing he's back in the squad.

Slated Cowley for months (at one point calling him a modern day Paul Sturrock) until we were linked with him then went to great lengths that say how good he is.

It's pathetic.

:lol: aye I know

there is absolutely no chance you have that big of a change in opinion on that issue in a week like

Let’s give the lad a chance before we slaughter him, we are a league 1 club and I honestly don’t know who people thought we could get in that’s much better.

We needed a big character who could manage supporters expectations and make a difference with our existing squad. I can see some of our players shrugging their shoulders at such an appointment and saying "whatever".

Back