Lee Carsley new ROI manager - opinions?

As I suspected, the FAI won't have been able to afford him as they haven't got a pot to piss in.

They'll end up with some desperate, shambolic appointment like Neil Lennon who they'll be able to scape minimum wage together for.

The FAI have about as much chance as I do of being able to pay anyone over half a million a year - less than zero.

Looks like you're wrong, they have eyes only for Carsley and are willing to pay that salary.

Apparently the sticking point is that the FAI want the manager to be basing themselves in Ireland (which is bizarre as they'd be flying back to England to scout matches every weekend) - and Carsley has a disabled son whose routine he doesn't want to disrupt by Carsley being away for long periods at a time

Looks like you're wrong, they have eyes only for Carsley and are willing to pay that salary.

No, I wasn't wrong.

Two week since your post and they still can't get a deal for Carsley done because they haven't got a pot to piss in due to years of financial mismanagement, and are scraping the barrel targetting any out of work manager who will listen.

Chris Coleman is the latest one:

Looking like Chris Hughton now :lol:

Down to about 14th choice at this point.

Let’s be honest, it’s hardly an attractive job 😂

They will struggle to qualify for the World Cup and therefore the aim will be to be competitive for the euros in 4 years time.

Even then, despite Ireland hosting games, they may have to still qualify for the tournament.

Let’s be honest, it’s hardly an attractive job 😂

They will struggle to qualify for the World Cup and therefore the aim will be to be competitive for the euros in 4 years time.

Even then, despite Ireland hosting games, they may have to still qualify for the tournament.

The problem is the money really.

Plenty of managers take unattractive international jobs if the money is right, and they only got Trapattoni and O'Neill because an outside benefactor contributed to paying half their wages on behalf of the FAI!

They are so broke after years of financial mismanagement it's crazy.

Back