Lee Burge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't exactly cover himself in glory in the 4-5 here. He gifted Wyke one and at least one of our others was soft. I've also seen that he's inly 5'10 which is about what i am and I'd not fancy myself height-wise as a keeper.

However i'll give him a chance and see how he does.

Welcome Lee to the club and hope you have a great future here.

Give the lad a chance man. Stop watching bad clips of him, you can find hundreds of awful mistakes by top class keepers if you go looking for them.
We say this for every player who looks shite and guess how it tur s out?

Of course I'll give him a chance but that doesnt mean you cant cast a judgement

Reading what the coventry fans are saying he isn’t much cop like :lol:
To be fair he's good enough to have been in the team that got them promoted and stayed up comfortably. Earlier in the season just gone he seemed more highly rated. Most think he's a good shot stopper but doesn't command his box terribly well and doesn't take high balls very confidently. As I've said earlier in the thread he'll probably be fine as competition and there won't be many clubs in this division that have someone as cover that was first choice for another club the previous season.

what's always more of a concern is when the fans of his old club don't rate the player. very few times we've signed someone that the fans are happy to see go and it works out. only example i can think of is the Bury fans reaction to Maguire.

Hmm not sure how that works tbh. I recall Liverpool fans rating Stephen Wright and West Ham fans rating McCartney etc etc, whilst the general consensous was Defoe was more or less finished on arrivial here and was in semi retirement, Kaboul was an ageing, useless, stiff sicknote.

For me it depends what Burge is being brought in for - surely he's back up, in which case he's about as good as you can expect. I can't imagine given the type of signings we've tried to get (despite the knicker wetting at the moment) - even the lad from Millwall this season being one of those who was really good down here and looked worth taking a gamble on for a Championship club, that suggests that someone who is average in League One and hasn't done a bit more isn't coming in to be first choice.

The lad seems really keen to sign for us and after watching his interview he looks forward to learning from JM. I've heard possible bids of £5mil for JM, i don't think he's worth that but idk if we will find a better keeper so for me it's key we keep him to hopefully develop Lee and if we want promotion, hopefully Donald is telling the truth.

he's the only keeper i can recall from last season for being especially bad. but all keepers have off days.

what's always more of a concern is when the fans of his old club don't rate the player. very few times we've signed someone that the fans are happy to see go and it works out. only example i can think of is the Bury fans reaction to Maguire.

:eek: how many games did you get to marra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back