Leave the world behind - Netflix

I think the deer herd was to show how the most peaceful of creatures can turn aggressive when conditions change. I thought the lads teeth started falling out because he’d contracted Lyme disease but Kevin Bacons character suggests it’s something else
Weren't the deer supposed to be trying to warn the humans. Same as the flamingo's. I never seen them as being aggressive

At the start they were but seemed to become more unpredictable especially when the noise started. They cornered the lass beside the shed and looked threatening until they were eventually scared off

Why does a lass from Pennywell sound common when swearing but a lady from SR6 or Chelsea or Windsor who swears sound quite nice?
I think it’s two things.

1. Unfamiliarity- I can hear common lasses swearing every day but I rarely encounter a posh bird in the right circumstances so the novelty makes it special.

2. Enunciation- posh women pronounce our best swear words so differently so again linked to number 1 but special in its own way.

Swearing is like any form of oratory, it’s a skill and needs to be used well. Not just a stream of invective.

Don't read if you're avoiding spoilers:

Some typical Netflix bullshit in there as discussed (I'm stunned they didn't shoehorn a gay love story in somewhere too) but overall I liked the film. If you prefer films that explain everything and an ending that ties everything up then I can understand why you'd be disappointed. In that kind of "collapse of civilisation" scenario where all communications are cut then obviously you'd be in the dark and that is reflected in the film - the characters don't know what's going on and the viewer can only guess most of the time too. The film feels like a warning to me, plenty of symbolism in there.

Also, do people think the 'last episode of Friends' theme is supposed to signify the end of a so-called golden era?

Don't read if you're avoiding spoilers:

Some typical Netflix bullshit in there as discussed (I'm stunned they didn't shoehorn a gay love story in somewhere too) but overall I liked the film. If you prefer films that explain everything and an ending that ties everything up then I can understand why you'd be disappointed. In that kind of "collapse of civilisation" scenario where all communications are cut then obviously you'd be in the dark and that is reflected in the film - the characters don't know what's going on and the viewer can only guess most of the time too. The film feels like a warning to me, plenty of symbolism in there.

Also, do people think the 'last episode of Friends' theme is supposed to signify the end of a so-called golden era?
yeah, damn those gays falling in love, how dare they!

Steaming pile of horse shit. Ending was telegraphed. Dancing scene was one of the most awkward scenes I’ve seen. Wasted cast. Best actor and character was only in it 5 mins. Avoid.

Its canny like, does a good job of building up suspense but then the ending ruins it.

If they re shot the last 20 minutes it could be a 5 star film.
It was an odd end but it fitted with the film
I liked it didn't help us along with exactly what was happening
We would not have a clue if it went wrong one weekend
Which was it's message
It won't be Hollywood apocalypse

What a load of shite this turned out to be..
Started canny and made a good job of setting the foundations of what could of been a decent film but started to loose its way once the fella who owned the house turned up..
Deer started acting like something from a horror movie, planes dropping from the sky within feet of each other, a plane dropping millions of flyers over an empty field are just some of the many daft, over the top scenes in this dross of a film..
Was that bad we had to watch it to the end and I think they forgot to add the end of the film, must still be laid on the cutting room floor..
1/10 and that's being generous.

Back