Leave the world behind - Netflix

Father Larry Duff

Goalkeeper
Thoughts ?

I haven’t read the book so went into it not knowing what to expect. Not to put any spoilers up but I think the most terrifying aspect is the fact Obama was consulted for it. How likely could a situation like this unfold in real life ?

It was ok, I didn't really warm to the characters enough to give a toss about their plight. The anticipation of finding out what the fuck was happening was really well set up, but it fizzled out to a 'thought provoking' anti climax. Which just felt to me like the director ran out of minutes.

It was ok, I didn't really warm to the characters enough to give a toss about their plight. The anticipation of finding out what the fuck was happening was really well set up, but it fizzled out to a 'thought provoking' anti climax. Which just felt to me like the director ran out of minutes.
I only half watched it while our lass was watching it and thought the same. Not that I'd been following that closely but it seemed to be wrapped up pretty quickly at the end, which was shite anyway.

Stinker - cinematography was ok, score was ok (if a bit on the loud side at the beginning). Adult characters were reasonable, younger characters seemed to be painted in to very obvious cliche territory. Just as it seemed a few weird goings on were going to climax into something it stopped, film over go home and think about this slightly uninteresting message.

Had it on in the kitchen while I was cooking, if I had sat down to watch it I'd still be in a moody now.

Missus wasn't keen, think she likes a better story arc and a conclusive ending. I loved it! Just really clever story telling and excellent cinematography.

Back