Leather cowboy hats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please do not buy one of these hats, they look awful. The reason older men wear them is that they are going bald but cannot accept it. They look even worse with straggly unkempt hair, or the final ignominy,a pony tail.

One of my mam’s uncles who used to live down in Stevenage used to have a couple of dozen Stetson leather hats. His Texan son-in-law used to bring him one over when they came for a family visit.

I had hoped to get one off him eventually, but when he died the family down there just binned the lot of them when they were clearing his house out. Don’t think these hats would have been cheap, so was a bit shocked at the time when told the whole lot had been dumped in a skip along with other stuff from his house.

Speaking as someone at the cutting edge of fashion, I feel I must warn the op that men who wear cowboy hats in this country are generally laughed at.

How come all the semi serious replies?
I thought this was a parody thread and I just hadn’t come across the ‘root’ thread yet.

The OP is surely not serious?
A Mackem lad in the north east going for that Tim McGraw* look? I’m not having that.

*popular country singer and suspect baldie for whom no occasion has been conjured up that is not appropriate for him to attend with his welded-on leather cowboy hat. The ridiculous wanker.

How come all the semi serious replies?
I thought this was a parody thread and I just hadn’t come across the ‘root’ thread yet.

The OP is surely not serious?
A Mackem lad in the north east going for that Tim McGraw* look? I’m not having that.

*popular country singer and suspect baldie for whom no occasion has been conjured up that is not appropriate for him to attend with his welded-on leather cowboy hat. The ridiculous wanker.
More like Quick Draw McGraw

I'm "of a certain age" now and want to start wearing one now as it seems that they're getting quite popular amongst older blokes. They seem to be around the £20 mark on ebay but I'm worried about the quality - anyone bought one and can recommend them? Also how do you measure your head?
Took up line-dancing ^^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back