Leather cowboy hats

How come all the semi serious replies?
I thought this was a parody thread and I just hadn’t come across the ‘root’ thread yet.

The OP is surely not serious?
A Mackem lad in the north east going for that Tim McGraw* look? I’m not having that.

*popular country singer and suspect baldie for whom no occasion has been conjured up that is not appropriate for him to attend with his welded-on leather cowboy hat. The ridiculous wanker.
I’m baffled like. Can’t get my head around the possibility this is a serious thread.

I'm "of a certain age" now and want to start wearing one now as it seems that they're getting quite popular amongst older blokes. They seem to be around the £20 mark on ebay but I'm worried about the quality - anyone bought one and can recommend them? Also how do you measure your head?
My dear Bernie, from a "man of certain age" to another, let me give you some very important advise. Don't. Just don't.

My dear Bernie, from a "man of certain age" to another, let me give you some very important advise. Don't. Just don't.

Tbh I'm not that sure I'm ready for wearing one all the time but just want to let those around me gradually get used to me having it on from time to time. I think they look daft when you're really old - over 80 say, so they've only got a lifespan of maybe 15 years.

Tbh I'm not that sure I'm ready for wearing one all the time but just want to let those around me gradually get used to me having it on from time to time. I think they look daft when you're really old - over 80 say, so they've only got a lifespan of maybe 15 years.
I wear trilby hats from time to time, I have a few different colors. In my opinion, that's the hat that most of us older men should wear if you're going to wear a hat. It can be dressed down or dressed up depending on the outfit and color. The hat should compliment the outfit and blend in. If the hat is noticeable, then it's too ostentatious, in my opinion.

The only people that should be wearing leather cowboy hats, are actual cowboys. So if you are one, then by all means, go out and get one.

I wear trilby hats from time to time, I have a few different colors. In my opinion, that's the hat that most of us older men should wear if you're going to wear a hat. It can be dressed down or dressed up depending on the outfit and color. The hat should compliment the outfit and blend in. If the hat is noticeable, then it's too ostentatious, in my opinion.

The only people that should be wearing leather cowboy hats, are actual cowboys. So if you are one, then by all means, go out and get one.
Aye, nee offence but your a septic. As a lad of proud northern heritage the op should only ever consider a flat cap

Homberg.

Nope.
Actual cowboys, and I mean those who ride horses and work on a ranch not the ridiculous cosplay tarts who come out in Houston around rodeo time, wouldn’t be seen dead in a leather cowboy hat. They’re likely to have either a fur felt one or in the summer one of those plastic straw resistol ones.

‘Normal’ blokes - ie non gay Mackems - should consider getting a Panama hat if they want to dip their toe into the brimmed hat world. They can wear it on holiday where their mates won’t see them and bruise their ego with ridicule, and it actually serves a purpose in protecting their pallid heads from sunburn.

Hats? Fuck off

Bobble hat at an absolute maximum if it’s Baltic or one that is a work related requirement.

f***ing “hats”!

Back