Leather cowboy hats

Was away skiing last week , had the misfortune to see someone skiing whilst wearing such ridiculous attire , went past him and he had a little straggly grey pony tail hanging out the back , which to be fair didn’t surprise anyone.

Odd at best .

Don’t make yourself more a subject of ridicule than you already are mate.

Was away skiing last week , had the misfortune to see someone skiing whilst wearing such ridiculous attire , went past him and he had a little straggly grey pony tail hanging out the back , which to be fair didn’t surprise anyone.

Odd at best .

Don’t make yourself more a subject of ridicule than you already are mate.
Fancy skying in a leather cowboy hat, mental that...:lol:

I saw a bloke recently with jeans, cowboy boots, big belt buckle denim shirt and cowboy hat on. Looked like he'd stepped straight out of a saloon rather than a terraced house in Sunderland.

Surely the only acceptable headwear of an English gentleman is illustrated below

Logon or register to see this image
Off topic (not really a bad thing as it’s a terrible topic), I was once at the opening of a theatrical performance of Monty Python sketches done entirely in French (called ‘Monty Python in French). It was a pretty big deal and a few Pythons were there, including Michael Palin. I was star struck, watching him from about 10 feet across the foyer...and I saw him take a long look at a life size cardboard Gumby, have a quick furtive glance around the room to ascertain nobody was watching (he missed me) and proceed to ‘pull’ the Gumby face and hand gesture for his own amusement. I was absolutely ecstatic with joy.

Last edited:
Off topic (not really a bad thing as it’s a terrible topic), I was once at the opening of a theatrical performance of Monty Python sketches done entirely in French (called ‘Monty Python in French). It was a pretty big deal and a few Pythons were there, including Michael Palin. I was star struck, watching him from about 10 feet across the foyer...and I saw him take a long look at a life size cardboard Gumby, have a quick furtive glance around the room to ascertain nobody was watching (he missed me) and proceed to ‘pull’ the Gumby face and hand gesture for his own amusement. I was absolutely ecstatic with joy.
:lol: class. Of all the Pythons, he's the one I'd most like to sit and have a pint with.

it's spelled homoburg.

Fedora? Is that the one Malcolm Alison wore?
Funny when his blew off as he tried to take the piss on the pitch before the cup tie at RP against palace.
took the piss anyway cos they won with that little Norman Wisdom fecker Taylor scoring.

A classic :lol:

Literally crying here like. Best thread on here ever.

I'm "of a certain age" now and want to start wearing one now as it seems that they're getting quite popular amongst older blokes. They seem to be around the £20 mark on ebay but I'm worried about the quality - anyone bought one and can recommend them? Also how do you measure your head?
:cool:

Last edited:
There’s a young lad walks round Sunderland city centre at the moment wears a cowboy hat it’s not leather like but you certainly notice him!

Back