Learning the guitar

• Thread starter Deleted member 37772
  • Start date
I'm not doing too bad in fairness. Some smooth chord changes. Some I still struggle with D minor for example jut feels f***ing awful. Been trying to play Hit me Baby one more time minus the little mini skirt and still often miss the change. The action is down to 1.75mm like. Not sure if that low wouid effect the tone.

Any video in particular?
Pebber Brown is class like, he taught Buckethead who is one if one of the best technical guitarists ever. I'd recommend this one.........

Any decent software for the ipad? I used to use guitar pro when I was learning bass.....is this still about the best?

Any decent software for the ipad? I used to use guitar pro when I was learning bass.....is this still about the best?

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found bass relatively easy compared to acoustic. Actually thinking about flogging my Stingray to find a new guitar.
I'm a bassist and find it a joy to play having played guitars drums and sang I am absolutely shit but I am a fully trained musician and performance artist.

I found bass relatively easy compared to acoustic. Actually thinking about flogging my Stingray to find a new guitar.

playing the bass well is a totally different beast to guitar, I could drop major riffage in my youth but couldn't cut it on the bass. I would watch and try to learn from my bro but its a different skill. I learnt guitar when I was about 11, couldn't imagine trying to learn now as an adult, way too impatient.

playing the bass well is a totally different beast to guitar, I could drop major riffage in my youth but couldn't cut it on the bass. I would watch and try to learn from my bro but its a different skill. I learnt guitar when I was about 11, couldn't imagine trying to learn now as an adult, way too impatient.

Totally agree its massively time consuming and I get annoyed that when I play I sound sh*te. But I'm still going to keep at it this time.

Back