Leadbetter almost in tears, Parkinson clearly gutted as well

Recently when people have went on about the form we showed early last season and how it was better without McGeady (performances were, results weren't as consistent) also came when Oviedo was playing left wing back and Matthews was in the side. We've downgraded on both there as well. In term of goals Honeyman is a miss too with 6 in the league and 8 overall. He maybe wouldn't be if we weren't so short at right back as I believe O'nien has shown he's capable of chipping in, but playing O'nien in midfield means we have to put up with the lethargy of McLaughlin at right back.

There's cost cutting and then there's absolutely woeful recruitment and decisions and I'm afraid this is the latter.

bang on for me, got to factor in Maja going in the January too seeing as he was better than we have now. Think the recruitment team/owners have been naive thinking we were better than we were and we’d go up regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:

I wonder what Leadbitter means by "you can't have little groups"? Things aren't right, it sounds as though it's not great behind the scenes from that interview.

That was my main reason for wanting to stick with Ross. You can blame him for a lot but the one thing he did was to create a strong team spirit and the players respected him. At the moment that has been lost and we are a complete shambles. But enough people made their minds known and we now are where we are.

I believe the groups that he takls about is to do with those who were with Ross, and those who weren't. which now relates to those that want to be managed by Ross and not parkinson, and those who are happy with parkinson.

I would put McGeady in the bracket of someone who wants to work with Ross, and McLaughlin as well and probably others.

Some arseholey comments about Grant on this thread.
As for the others if it’s Maguire that’s causing shit and we were warned by fans of his last club then I hope the coronation crew will acknowledge the part they’ve played in this shit show.
I’m pretty sure we’ll stay up.

No proof of that tho, that's just an unfounded assumption.
Surely one of the groups has to be the scots/Celts e.g. Mcguire, mcgeady and mcnulty,....another will probably be Power and Grigg, likewise Dobson and ONein

Sure I read somewhere that Dobson was ' allegedly ' a mouthy twat at Walsall. Always slagging off Brummies I read. Not that there's owt wrong with that like..
Leadbitter was our best player last night...and says everything about the standard of our squad..

Best player last night ??? V Scunthorpe ??? Are you on this planet ???

Last edited:
No proof of that tho, that's just an unfounded assumption.

Sure I read somewhere that Dobson was ' allegedly ' a mouthy twat at Walsall. Always slagging off Brummies I read. Not that there's owt wrong with that like..

Best player last night ??? V Scunthorpe ??? Are you on this planet ???
Was he playing somewhere else last night?

I wonder what Leadbitter means by "you can't have little groups"? Things aren't right, it sounds as though it's not great behind the scenes from that interview.

Its being said on several forums and thread... the new rotten core several groups within the dressing room.
I think we know who they are.

Obviously loves the club but shouldn’t be in the team never mind Captain , the role of the captain is to be a leader and lead by example , he is coming to the twilight of his career at a club he loves but he is too slow and is not the player he once was . If I was him I would be thinking of a gracious retirement as people will start slagging him off for the performances he is producing , he was a poor signing in any case as he wasn’t what we needed .

Last edited:
Sorry mate, he was awful last night. No need for some of the comments earlier in this thread at all but he was really poor last night.
It's all about opinions marra, I'm not a fan of leadbitter by any means and I said when we signed him he wasn't the type of player we needed. However in my opinion he tried his best and at least looked like he gave a shit..

It's all about opinions marra, I'm not a fan of leadbitter by any means and I said when we signed him he wasn't the type of player we needed. However in my opinion he tried his best and at least looked like he gave a shit..
You could see that in the interview mate. It was written all over his face.

Nice to hear the skipper speak well i thought, if their a problems at the club we have a week or so to get work done on the training ground, and then in 2 months time people can be replaced.

Back