Leadbetter almost in tears, Parkinson clearly gutted as well

I think Ozturk is injured and Flanagan away with Norn Iron so Willis and Lynch the only ones available

Still, wouldn't have made much difference to play the kids last night
We should be playing some kids, on the RR podcast they said our USP is a path to the first team. There is no evidence whatsoever of that being true at the moment.

As I said on other thread we have the best paid players in div 3 and the best training facilities by a country mile. Why do they look so disinterested and unfit?

They need a massive kick up the arse because they are stealing a living off the club at the moment. Disgraceful.

Leadbitter as the senior pro in the club needs to galvanise the players that do care and Parkinson needs to root out those that dont give a fcuk.

Like most fans Im not too bothered about losing last night as promotion is the absolute priority this season. However, it was the manner in which we lost...we need to see a massive improvement in the league and hopefully we can find two 'Johny Evans' type players in January who will help turn around the season.

Its not completer doom and gloom but we do need a plan of action and people standing up to the plate. As Leadbitter says from top to bottom.

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but the way they are both talking about ‘sticking together’ together with our performances makes me think there are rifts developing in the squad.

These are the 2 key people who need to do something to change that if it really is happening.

I couldn’t give a fuck about little cliques, it happens in every walk of life. The only problem is that when the going gets tough in the real world and the tough don’t get going, they are shown the door. These untouchable mollycoddled bastards know that isn’t going to happen to them, so put in as little effort as possible. Don’t hide behind the shite about not being here next year either, they are under contract so we can’t do anything, but it’s a two way street and whilst under contract they should give everything. Of course a strong, vociferous manager wouldn’t put up with it, looks like we haven’t got the right fit there either. These wankers should be ashamed to wear poppy shirts, I wouldn’t want one of the yellow bellied twats in a trench next to me

I couldn’t give a fuck about little cliques, it happens in every walk of life. The only problem is that when the going gets tough in the real world and the tough don’t get going, they are shown the door. These untouchable mollycoddled bastards know that isn’t going to happen to them, so put in as little effort as possible. Don’t hide behind the shite about not being here next year either, they are under contract so we can’t do anything, but it’s a two way street and whilst under contract they should give everything. Of course a strong, vociferous manager wouldn’t put up with it, looks like we haven’t got the right fit there either. These wankers should be ashamed to wear poppy shirts, I wouldn’t want one of the yellow bellied twats in a trench next to me
It certainly needs addressing.

For way too long players have took the p*ss out the club.

It happened in the Premier League, Championship and now Div3. It needs to stop.

Like I said Im not too bothered about being out of the cups as promotion is the one priority this season but the players dont look fit and seem generally uninterested. I dont know if thats the case but we need a massive improvement in coming weeks. The players, especially the senior ones, need to step up to the plate.

Sounds like we have one or two that think they're maybe to good for this club, I'm looking at those with double chins, why are they so unfit and overweight?

if he cares that much (which i dont doubt he does) then he should admit that his legs are gone and that he cant offer anything to the team.....aye right

Getting rid of your 7 goal centre mid, class business. We were too obsessed with wages over actual quality. Look at the state of the full back positions anarl.
For me this is the same argument as those saying that we should have kept Ross.

I disagree entirely. I believe that we did the right thing in sacking Ross and we did the right thing in moving on Cattermole.

However, the problem is that neither of them were replaced with better options.

It confirms what their displays have shown, that the squad are divided into small groups, and that the team ethic has disappeared.

Nobody wanted Parkinson, and he hasn't exactly helped himself since his arrival with results and performances, but jeez, he has an impossible job. I'd almost feel sympathy if I wasn't so pissed off with the entire shitshow.

I disagree entirely. I believe that we did the right thing in sacking Ross and we did the right thing in moving on Cattermole.

Thing is that they weren't actively looking to replace Cattermole because they had numbers in that position. They added Dobson but he was a holding player/Cb that had no form for scoring goals. So really you’re shooting yourself in the foot taking goals out of the team. The reality was Cattermole scored a lot of important goals for us in league 1 last season.

Thing is that they weren't actively looking to replace Cattermole because they had numbers in that position. They added Dobson but he was a holding player/Cb that had no form for scoring goals. So really you’re shooting yourself in the foot taking goals out of the team. The reality was Cattermole scored a lot of important goals for us in league 1 last season.

Recently when people have went on about the form we showed early last season and how it was better without McGeady (performances were, results weren't as consistent) also came when Oviedo was playing left wing back and Matthews was in the side. We've downgraded on both there as well. In term of goals Honeyman is a miss too with 6 in the league and 8 overall. He maybe wouldn't be if we weren't so short at right back as I believe O'nien has shown he's capable of chipping in, but playing O'nien in midfield means we have to put up with the lethargy of McLaughlin at right back.

There's cost cutting and then there's absolutely woeful recruitment and decisions and I'm afraid this is the latter.

Maguire and McGeady have been disgraceful recently. The former is completely unfit and carrying far too much weight for a professional footballer, and his well documented ego is now clear for all to see. He's been problematic at most clubs he's been at during his journeyman career and the same problems seem to be resurfacing here. What completely fucks me off is that he was signed because Donald and Metheren liked him when he played for Oxford, another example of jobs for the boys almost.

McGeady just CBA and clearly has the dummy out over Ross going. His performance at Shrewsbury away was one of the worst in recent times from a SAFC player in it's sheer idleness, he left Hume out to dry offensively and defensively all game.

Parkinson isn't helping himself so far either mind, we have a constant stream of poor or at best inconsistent performances from the same performers but they are getting picked regularly still. I appreciate we may be light in some areas but we need to start giving the likes of Mumba a chance and firing rockets up the arse of those who aren't doing it or won't do it.

It's really sad times for the club at present, there's a discord on and off the pitch and we seem to be going backwards in all areas. For all there is a section of support happy to see us out of both cups, financially we are so tight that we need to be in them and we've played strong teams in each cup game and not managed to win any against very limited opposition. The league has to be the priority but let's not think for any minute we haven't tried to win the last 3 games, we've just been found severely lacking.

It’s not after match tears we want it’s sweat.
We must be saving loads on not having to wash the kit every week perhaps with the exception of O’Nien.

We always do this, move a player on that we believe is no longer suitable for us and usually finished.
Then replace him with worse.

No need for some of the comments aimed at Leadbitter on here. Yes, he's been poor but you can see it's not for the want of trying. There were a couple of times last night when he misplaced passes and was fuming at himself.

On the other hand, the interview from Parkinson is pretty appalling IMO. It's just excuse after excuse with no reference to the fact that the performance was just awful. We had a 5/10 minute spell before the penalty where we picked up a bit but it was still hardly breathtaking stuff and apart from that we were totally outplayed. If that's what he really thinks then it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

Having watched last night, his striker comments make me shudder. It's obvious that when Wyke is fit he's going to be straight back into the team. We spent most of the game aimlessly punting long balls to McNulty so clearly he thinks it's going to be all rosy when we can punt them to Wyke. I can tell him now that it won't be.

Back