Latest boxing crack

Just been reading that Tyson Fury is likely to be fighting in Vegas on 14 Sept. I’m out there that week for my mates 40th.

Presume it’ll be at the T Mobile Arena? Anyone got experience of tickets for these events? Will there be a big demand? Will it be easy enough to get them either before we go or when we’re there?

Other than Canelo fights it's pretty much unheard of for big Vegas arenas to be sold out nowadays. Fury's last fight only did 5,000 so can't imagine it being too much of a problem to get tickets whilst you're over there.

Other than Canelo fights it's pretty much unheard of for big Vegas arenas to be sold out nowadays. Fury's last fight only did 5,000 so can't imagine it being too much of a problem to get tickets whilst you're over there.
Cheers mate. Think we’ll try and get them in advance if we can still, but that makes me more confident about getting in and not having to pay over the odds. I was half expecting Canelo to be fighting as it’s a Mexican holiday weekend.

Just been reading that Tyson Fury is likely to be fighting in Vegas on 14 Sept. I’m out there that week for my mates 40th.

Presume it’ll be at the T Mobile Arena? Anyone got experience of tickets for these events? Will there be a big demand? Will it be easy enough to get them either before we go or when we’re there?

You'll easily get tickets mate, wouldn't worry.
Looks like Rivas due to sue Whyte, Matchroom and UKAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Lennox Lewis won a court case to get the rematch with Hasim Rahman. Not sure if there are any other examples but there is a precedent.
What was the actual decision of the court though? Fight him, or "if you break this contract, you will have to pay £10m to Mr Lewis" ?

If I sign a contract to write a website, and I decide not to bother, a court can't MAKE me do it - the other person can only sue me for damages.

But you can't secure a world title fight on false premise and expect not to be stripped.
He should definitely be stripped if he won't stick to the terms in the contract.
Why would the orgs care about a private contract between 2 adults? They simply order the mandatory fights, and sanction the others.

As for a "false premise", that's just words. Words mean nothing.

If an org thinks AJ deserves a rematch, they can order it. Just like they did for Tyson after the draw. The IBF are looking to strip Ruiz if he DOES have the rematch, as it goes against their ethos!

What was the actual decision of the court though? Fight him, or "if you break this contract, you will have to pay £10m to Mr Lewis" ?

If I sign a contract to write a website, and I decide not to bother, a court can't MAKE me do it - the other person can only sue me for damages.

Why would the orgs care about a private contract between 2 adults? They simply order the mandatory fights, and sanction the others.

If an org thinks AJ deserves a rematch, they can order it. Just like they did for Tyson after the draw. The IBF are looking to strip Ruiz if he DOES have the rematch, as it goes against their ethos!
Agree.
Ruiz fought joshua and won, hes has the belts.
Anything in a contract about a rematch or anything after that is something else. It shouldnt have any effect on the outcome of a fight that's taken place.

Agree.
Anything in a contract about a rematch or anything after that is something else. It shouldnt have any effect on the outcome of a fight that's taken place.
I don't doubt AJ can sue him for ~£100m if he has a tight contract. And that'll probably make the fight happen. But that's another matter entirely.

Im guessing the ruiz joshua fight will still be on the same time over here as it would if it was held here, or will it be 2 hours earlier? Had a good look around but cant see any info about it

It's not a private contract between two fighters though. The sanctioning bodies are, as with other relevant parties, part of said contract.

False premise isn't just words. He signed a contract on the premise that had he won, a rematch should take place next. You can't just agree to everything to get what you want, then refuse to uphold the very deal you negotiated in order to become champion.

Thing with Saudi is the place is that hot people sleep through the day and are up at night, wouldn't be surprised if it's at daft o clock over there for the temperature so still on late here.
It is just outisde Riyadh, having lived there for a couple of years the temperature will not be a concern, in December it often gets quite chilly at night and is often cold enough to require wearing a jacket.

Agree.

Nobody is suggesting such

Don't blame Ruiz for stalling if he's getting 9m to Joshua's 60m, considering he beat him up last time round, thought the reason Joshua never went in with Wilder/Fury is because he wanted more money himself.

Anyway hopefully Haymon can work something, rather see the belts get split up tbh.

Have they issued a statement? I've heard some hearsay because of Pulev being mandatory.
Just loads of rumours
Don't blame Ruiz for stalling if he's getting 9m to Joshua's 60m, considering he beat him up last time round, thought the reason Joshua never went in with Wilder/Fury is because he wanted more money himself.

Anyway hopefully Haymon can work something, rather see the belts get split up tbh.
Actually, splitting the belts up might lead to better fights. Bizarrely.

Even canelo fights, my marra walked upto the hotel on the day and got two good tickets for the Khan fight...dirty bastard was more interested in the ring card girls

60m???? What source is that marra

Last edited:

Of course you can blame him though, that is if it's true that $9M was in the initial contract and isn't less (which I highly doubt).

Of course you can blame him though, that is if it's true that $9M was in the initial contract and isn't less (which I highly doubt).
Curnts tricks, he was given a life changing opportunity and paid life changing money for it....signed up. But no surprise in boxing.

He will be being advised but boxers have less morals than promoters once they get a taste.
Seems like all bullshit ref Ruiz as press conference is live this afternoon.

Well done Ruiz!!!

Last edited:
If the Contract specifically stated Saudi for the rematch I guess he's stuck, otherwise I thick he should try his luck at getting more, it's always about how much money with Hearn/AJ so wouldn't begrudge Ruiz to try the same back.

Back