Latest boxing crack

Fury never stops talking shite 7 or 8 clem over weight and no boxing licence ..i think he'll struggle to shift it...wilder also keeps running his mouth off instead of getting the correct people to sit down and start negotiations...im sure I've seen somewhere wilder getting chinned with a head guard on when fighting for the USA

AJ v Wilder is the fight that people need to see and get excited about, no one wants to see AJ fight the guy that struggled past H.Fury. Adds weight to the argument AJ or his management team are avoiding Wilder.

Hard to know all the facts about the other Fury, but this should have all been cleared up 2 years ago, made him serve a ban, offered him support for any mental issues and worked with him, not against him. I'm not even sure if he'll fight again, needs a licence, needs to serve a ban (if guilty), needs to get in shape, tough for someone that struggles with motivation.
I suspect any ban will be seen as served, surely? He's been effectively banned for 2 years already.

Fury was never found to have taken banned substances...he just had an elevated level...love him or loathe him but the way he has been treated is a farce

strict liability means he better have a damn good reason for elevated levels (and non-castrated boar meat is up there alongside Alberto Contador's dodgy steak excuse)

however, i have no doubt what we'll get is a backdated suspension that will oh-so conveniently expire at the time its announced

Not sure if they can back date a ban without actually being officially banned? Either way they should have sorted this out months ago.

Saturday night

6:30pm - 5Spike

Not really much of note here, just seemingly every Cyclone fighter on the Josh Taylor undercard

6:55pm - Boxnation
  • Jeff Saunders vs Steven Lewis
7:45pm - BT Sport 2/Boxnation
  • Liam Smith vs Liam Williams 2
  • Thomas Patrick Ward vs Sean Davis - British Super Bantamweight Title
  • Josh Leather vs Glenn Foot
  • Nathan Gorman vs Mohamed Soltby
9:45pm - Channel 5
  • Josh Taylor vs Miguel Vazquez

Sunday morning

2:30am - Boxnation

• Artur Beterbiev vs Enrico Koelling - IBF Light Heavyweight Title
2:30am - Sky Sports Action
  • Daniel Jacobs vs Luis Arias
  • Jarrell Miller vs Mariusz Wach

Saturday night

6:30pm - 5Spike

Not really much of note here, just seemingly every Cyclone fighter on the Josh Taylor undercard

6:55pm - Boxnation
  • Jeff Saunders vs Steven Lewis
7:45pm - BT Sport 2/Boxnation
  • Liam Smith vs Liam Williams 2
  • Thomas Patrick Ward vs Sean Davis - British Super Bantamweight Title
  • Josh Leather vs Glenn Foot
  • Nathan Gorman vs Mohamed Soltby
9:45pm - Channel 5
  • Josh Taylor vs Miguel Vazquez

Sunday morning

2:30am - Boxnation

• Artur Beterbiev vs Enrico Koelling - IBF Light Heavyweight Title
2:30am - Sky Sports Action
  • Daniel Jacobs vs Luis Arias
  • Jarrell Miller vs Mariusz Wach
Come on Glenn lad. Big chance.

strict liability means he better have a damn good reason for elevated levels (and non-castrated boar meat is up there alongside Alberto Contador's dodgy steak excuse)

however, i have no doubt what we'll get is a backdated suspension that will oh-so conveniently expire at the time its announced

Uncastrated wild boar apparently, only took him 2 years to make that one up the daft shite.

Really looking forward to the Newcastle card on Saturday. A lot of decent fights on the bill
Can't wait. Unfortunately I won't be there or even watching. I'm in Scotland at an engagement party. But will be keeping in touch with it all. Glenn's last chance really. Hopefully he takes it.

Cracking bill tomorrow night. Jeff saunders vs lewis on the undercard will be a good dust up and is a british title eliminator.

Got to say boxnation cards have much more competetive fights....looking forward to this

Cracking bill tomorrow night. Jeff saunders vs lewis on the undercard will be a good dust up and is a british title eliminator.

Got to say boxnation cards have much more competetive fights....looking forward to this

It's a seriously good card and amazingly it has all stayed together. The bookies have both Saunders and Williams' fight pretty much 50/50 which is great to see rather than the usual 1/50 and above we so often see. Josh Leather and Tommy Ward are favourites in their fights but both should be competitive and I'd say the latter's will almost certainly go to points. I think Josh will have too much for Glenn, but you always know Glenn will bring it and as many say, pretty much his last chance. Don't know too much about Soltby, but good to see two unbeaten heavies meeting at a similar stage of their career. Gorman is a reasonably clear favourite but Soltby's odds have come in since they opened up, from 10/1 to around 11/2 so others probably know more about him than me.

Also, a good step up for Mark Heffron as it seems an age since people first started to talk about him but he has fought nobody of note. Lewis Taylor is English level, but it will be a good indication of where Heffron is and if he can go beyond British and even European level.

10 fights overall, 2 x 12, 3 x 10, an 8 rounder, a 6 rounder and 3 x 4 rounders.

It's a seriously good card and amazingly it has all stayed together. The bookies have both Saunders and Williams' fight pretty much 50/50 which is great to see rather than the usual 1/50 and above we so often see. Josh Leather and Tommy Ward are favourites in their fights but both should be competitive and I'd say the latter's will almost certainly go to points. I think Josh will have too much for Glenn, but you always know Glenn will bring it and as many say, pretty much his last chance. Don't know too much about Soltby, but good to see two unbeaten heavies meeting at a similar stage of their career. Gorman is a reasonably clear favourite but Soltby's odds have come in since they opened up, from 10/1 to around 11/2 so others probably know more about him than me.

Also, a good step up for Mark Heffron as it seems an age since people first started to talk about him but he has fought nobody of note. Lewis Taylor is English level, but it will be a good indication of where Heffron is and if he can go beyond British and even European level.

10 fights overall, 2 x 12, 3 x 10, an 8 rounder, a 6 rounder and 3 x 4 rounders.

Lewis came in over the limit and refused to cut anymore...so he must have been struggling, only saunders gets a title shot if he wins....on paper a very close fight....but i know jeff has lived in the gym for the last 10 weeks, expect him to show his class tonight and stop him.

Leather and foot will be a cracker but i agree i think leather might just be too slick, but foot will make him fight at a pace he aint used to.

I will be there at 5 as michael watson making his debut, the big farmer wont be messing around, going to be a cracking day night.....it might be in newcastle but more shows up here the better

Anyone seen the 30 for 30 documentary on Tommy Morrison?

Haven't seen anything of Soltby but seen a lot of people say that he's a big improvement on Gorman's initial opponent and should be reasonably competitive.

Back