Latest boxing crack

Just watched No Mas on bt sport. 30 for 30 doc obviously about Leonard and Duran

Excellent !!

30 for 30 are excellent.

No Mas is great. Tyson V Douglas one is due early Dec.

My fav Doc tho is Legendary Nights Gatti v Ward. Absolutely sensational viewing.

Good fighter but would have been better off staying at cruiser. Can understand why he's chasing the money at heavyweight though

Really liked Huner in amateurs and fancied him at Olympics. Thought he'd do big things as a Pro. Hasn't quite worked out but last 2 performances been good. Win that USBA title he's chasing at Heavy then back to Cruiser I'd say.

Last edited:
Final HBO Boxing broadcast last night. Definitely the end of an era, for so long it felt like it was a big fight whenever you had Lampley, Merchant and one of Foreman/Steward/Jones on commentary

That was amazing from Hunter. He fought on a few weeks notice too, after stepping in to replace Zhang Zhilei.

Think it more shows how absolutely shot Ustinov is. Didn't see the fight, but have seen the finish, but apparently Sky were going on about Ustinov being the big favourite, where in reality, Hunter went in as a significant 1/6, 1/7 pre match betting favourite despite the circumstances.

Still, decent to win without much notice but not a stunning upset or anything.

Be interesting to see where he goes from here though as that's 2 fairly notable wins now on C5 and Sky within 5 weeks.

Final HBO Boxing broadcast last night. Definitely the end of an era, for so long it felt like it was a big fight whenever you had Lampley, Merchant and one of Foreman/Steward/Jones on commentary

HBO boxing was almost the home of boxing for ages like, certainly as long as I've been alive. The insight Steward would give was superb and always loved RJJ passive aggressively shut down Lampley and co with the "well if you boxed you would know..." :lol:.

No matter how much Sky try, they'll never match HBO PPV events like.

HBO boxing was almost the home of boxing for ages like, certainly as long as I've been alive. The insight Steward would give was superb and always loved RJJ passive aggressively shut down Lampley and co with the "well if you boxed you would know..." :lol:.

Spot on..they'll be a big miss regarding boxing coverage...

Spot on..they'll be a big miss regarding boxing coverage...

Lampley, Merchant, Lederman and Kellerman were/all evidently very passionate about the sport and their job. They all did their homework and despite some instances of the lack of experience in being punched in the face, it felt like a proper PPV with good production value.

Alternatively, we have Adam Smith announcing that Bellew's tattoo wasn't relating to a terrorist attack and Froch who clearly hasn't heard of, let alone watched some of the fighters he's talking about.

Lampley, Merchant, Lederman and Kellerman were/all evidently very passionate about the sport and their job. They all did their homework and despite some instances of the lack of experience in being punched in the face, it felt like a proper PPV with good production value.

Alternatively, we have Adam Smith announcing that Bellew's tattoo wasn't relating to a terrorist attack and Froch who clearly hasn't heard of, let alone watched some of the fighters he's talking about.

The levels of shit punditry and overall sky hype are akin to watching Fox or RT. The majority of it is awful viewing...

Some of Larry's one-liners were tremendous as well as was his constant bickering with Foreman

I can’t stand the whole Eddie Hearn ex fighters being given jobs with sky.....winds me up.
And the lass that presents it is gash.....awful.

I can tolerate macklin.

Some of Larry's one-liners were tremendous as well as was his constant bickering with Foreman
Any excuse to post this again...:)

What predictions for next weekend? Can anyone see Fury beating Wilder? Not convinced that Wilder is the real deal, but Fury looks so rusty and that amount of weight loss has to take something out of him in terms of stamina.....

What predictions for next weekend? Can anyone see Fury beating Wilder? Not convinced that Wilder is the real deal, but Fury looks so rusty and that amount of weight loss has to take something out of him in terms of stamina.....

I think he beats him like. I just can't see Wilder ever been set or balanced enough to land bombs on somebody who fights like Fury.

If Fury had better technique he'd be considered a lot better than he is, because it's just his sloppy technique that masks the fact he is a giant switch hitter who constantly feints and moves his head and feet.

I agree the weight loss will have taken its toll, but I really don't think Wilder's hype is deserved.

Would love to see Fury do it but think Wilder will win inside 6. Surprised at how sharp Fury looked under the circumstances against Pianeta but he really could have done with at least one fight against somebody on the fringes of the top 20 before this

Back