Latest boxing crack

They obviously beat Parker and Takam last time out, but very interesting that this was Eddie's thoughts just over a year ago:

A Casual on Twitter

Like how he goes on about 'diluting the product' then mentions that Sky had Haye vs Bellew and Mayweather vs McGregor as PPV's.

Boxing is the only sport on British tv where you are expected to pay extra on top of your sky sports subscription to watch certain fights iirc

If they asked you to pay a extra tenner for the Manchester derby they'd be hell on

Seem to remember in the mid-00's there was a channel where one Premier League game per weekend was available for an extra £10. Think it only lasted one, maybe two seasons at the most

Last edited:

Like how he goes on about 'diluting the product' then mentions that Sky had Haye vs Bellew and Mayweather vs McGregor as PPV's.

Seem to remember in the mid-00's there was a channel where one Premier League game per weekend was available for an extra £10. Think it only lasted one, maybe two seasons at the most

You could pay £50 for a season ticket. Iirc it was for the evening kicks offs on the Saturday

Spunking in the face of sly Eddie

The sad thing is, Chisora will probably do 3 x more buys. If you bought one, I'd say more genuine boxing fans will buy BT, but the mass market will be far more interested in the heavies with all the Sky hype and we all know the latter far outweighs the former. It's a decent effort by Warren though - I'll buy that one.

The sad thing is, Chisora will probably do 3 x more buys. If you bought one, I'd say more genuine boxing fans will buy BT, but the mass market will be far more interested in the heavies with all the Sky hype and we all know the latter far outweighs the former. It's a decent effort by Warren though - I'll buy that one.

Sad to see Price on the undercard for the obvious payday. Thankfully it’s an opponent who’s about his level (domestic) Hopefully he doesn’t end up in a Danny Williams situation.

Not the most reliable of sources, imo, but what are your thoughts of Nigel Benn vs Chris Eubank III? Both blokes in their 50's, so it'll never be licensed in the UK.
Chris Eubank Sr and Nigel Benn set for trilogy fight, 25 years after last epic contest

I was watching Benn on the pads not so long back. Fuck me, in tip top shape and you wouldn't want to be on the end of one. Watching him on the pads, looks in as good as nick as when he was fighting and ready to go 12 rounds with anyone. Watching him, it's hard to believe he's in his 50s.

I was watching Benn on the pads not so long back. Fuck me, in tip top shape and you wouldn't want to be on the end of one. Watching him on the pads, looks in as good as nick as when he was fighting and ready to go 12 rounds with anyone. Watching him, it's hard to believe he's in his 50s.

It’s all well and good looking the business on the pads but what about his reflexes, punch resistance and internal organs etc. He’s already punchy as fuck from a brutal career and should stay retired for his own safety.

Back